Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Receiving a text

When you receive a text, do you get an alert along the lines of "Text Received" and the sender's name on the lock screen? Are you able to see a preview of the text on the lock screen?

Is it possible for someone to take a screenshot of what the lock screen looks like when a text is received?

Cheers.

Default Re: Receiving a text

It's not on your lock screen, it stays blank as far as I can remember. The senders name along with the first sentence or two of their message pops up in the notification bar then goes away after a second.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile1990 View Post
    It's not on your lock screen, it stays blank as far as I can remember. The senders name along with the first sentence or two of their message pops up in the notification bar then goes away after a second.
    Thanks, that's what I feared. I just couldn't get used to that on the Desire.

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

When you get a notification, your phone will notify you via ringtone, vibrate. You will also get a notification light flashing at the bottom. Out of the box your messages wont appear on the lockscreen but you can add a widget so you can quickly view your messages without unlocking the phone. Also, if you have no password to unlock, you can simply swipe down the notification bar from the lockscreen as well to access your messages.

but if you want you can add message widget to the lock screen which will have the received message and the snipet