Best Pay-As-You-Go (Prepaid) Services for Nexus 4

Best Prepaid

• Total voters

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Most people seem to like straight talk. T-Mobile just announced new prepaid plans that look pretty good. Unlimited talk and text with 5gb high speed data for $45.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mmtowns

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Are Virgin Mobile and Cricket options for the Nexus 4? My understanding was that the Nexus 4 was an unlocked GSM phone and would only work on GSM carriers such as T-Mobile and AT&T as well as their MVNOs, i.e. Straight Talk & H20.

thisfnguy

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Are Virgin Mobile and Cricket options for the Nexus 4? My understanding was that the Nexus 4 was an unlocked GSM phone and would only work on GSM carriers such as T-Mobile and AT&T as well as their MVNOs, i.e. Straight Talk & H20.
i was kinda just pushing buttons

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
you guys forget about solavei $49 plan with unlimted everything and 4gb of 4g speeds..good option

I agree, I've been very happy with Solavei. I don't know why everyone always recommends Straight Talk when there are so many threads complaining about their mystery data throttling policy. The Solavei plan offers more high speed data than the $50 or $60 T-Mobile prepaid plans.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The $30 T-Mobile plan for 100 minutes, 5GB of data can't be beat, as long as they have enough coverage for you and you don't need to talk much on the phone.

Otherwise, if you need to use AT&T, then it's Straight Talk.

BookReader2

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
can't use nexus 4 on cricket, virgin mobile or clearwire.

the best plan is probably solavei with unlimited talk, text and 4GB of 4G speed data for $49 a month (on Tmobile network)

if you don't talk a lot, then Tmobile 4G prepaid $30 for 100 minutes, unlimited text and 5GB of 4G speed data is another great deal.

UnlockedOnly

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
not prepaid but.......i am a current tmo customer, waiting for 2 N4's due Feb 13(my wife n me) switching us over to the sim only family value plan.......1000 shared voice minutes, unlimited text and 4g data for 99.00 a month that includes call forwarding which is key for me as I work in construction and will leave my N4 in my truck everyday, I use a motorola flip phone set up on page plus(during work hours)

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
not prepaid but.......i am a current tmo customer, waiting for 2 N4's due Feb 13(my wife n me) switching us over to the sim only family value plan.......1000 shared voice minutes, unlimited text and 4g data for 99.00 a month that includes call forwarding which is key for me as I work in construction and will leave my N4 in my truck everyday, I use a motorola flip phone set up on page plus(during work hours)

I agree that conditional forwarding is very important. That's another reason why I like Solavei. I use Google Voice for consolidated voicemail. That was easy to set up with the conditional forwarding. It's my understanding that some of the other prepaid plans don't support this. (I could be wrong.)

I also don't have to share minutes with my husband :D

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Straight Talk's AT&T SIM. I would gladly use Solavei if T-Mobile's coverage were nearly as good as AT&T; I'd also use Solavei if they also worked on AT&T's network.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Most people seem to like straight talk. T-Mobile just announced new prepaid plans that look pretty good. Unlimited talk and text with 5gb high speed data for $45.

This looks interesting, but it read like Tmo can (and will) differentiate customers that are on both their pre and post paid plans vs this new plan, and give data speed preferences to pre/post plan holders. That implies that during heavy data traffic, the new plan people may not get H+ all the time. I actually think this is what goes on with Straight Talk plans for both AT&T and Tmo. I think the carriers can tell that these are "re-sold" minutes and alter those speeds when traffic is heavy. It's just a theory of mine.

For me, I'm on the $30 Tmo plan and love it. I use GrooveIP to keep myself under the 100 minute talk limit. Even if you didn't want to go that route, if you talked double your minute limit (200 minutes), your bill for that month would only be $40 (10 cents for every minute over 100).

UnlockedOnly

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i need to make a correction, its 89.99 a month for the TMO shared(2lines) sim value plan.......1000 minutes voice, unlimited text and 4g data, call forwarding included......saved on my monthly bill BIGTIME with this plan !!!!!!

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

If this is referring to the GoSmart plans make sure you read the fine print. It appears their "high speed" service is limited to 3g.

joelisenat

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Are there other options for service that uses ATT besides Straight Talk? No T-Mobile service here so I'm kind of stuck if ST stops selling ATT.
-or-
Anybody go straight to AT&T and get service on an unlocked device? What plan are you on?

mcgowan398

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I myself would go with TMobile since its the most affordable but its really based on the type of signal you get in your area.........:p:p

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams