• Crickett

0 0%
  • Other (Please post favorite)

10 10.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Pay-As-You-Go (Prepaid) Services for Nexus 4

What do you think the best prepaid service is for the Nexus 4?
    Thanked by:
    p08757 

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

Default Re: Best Pay-As-You-Go (Prepaid) Services for Nexus 4

Most people seem to like straight talk. T-Mobile just announced new prepaid plans that look pretty good. Unlimited talk and text with 5gb high speed data for $45.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Are Virgin Mobile and Cricket options for the Nexus 4? My understanding was that the Nexus 4 was an unlocked GSM phone and would only work on GSM carriers such as T-Mobile and AT&T as well as their MVNOs, i.e. Straight Talk & H20.

you guys forget about solavei $49 plan with unlimted everything and 4gb of 4g speeds..good option
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by mmtowns View Post
    Are Virgin Mobile and Cricket options for the Nexus 4? My understanding was that the Nexus 4 was an unlocked GSM phone and would only work on GSM carriers such as T-Mobile and AT&T as well as their MVNOs, i.e. Straight Talk & H20.
    i was kinda just pushing buttons

Quote Originally Posted by josegb2011 View Post
    you guys forget about solavei $49 plan with unlimted everything and 4gb of 4g speeds..good option
    I agree, I've been very happy with Solavei. I don't know why everyone always recommends Straight Talk when there are so many threads complaining about their mystery data throttling policy. The Solavei plan offers more high speed data than the $50 or $60 T-Mobile prepaid plans.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Ask me about Solavei.
    Thanked by:

I thought Solavei was 5 GB of 4g speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by frenzy757 View Post
    I thought Solavei was 5 GB of 4g speeds?
    Solavei is 4GB at 4g for $49. T-Mobile is $50 for 100MB 4g, and $60 for 2GB 4g.

It was a pretty easy choice for me.

Ask me about Solavei.

The $30 T-Mobile plan for 100 minutes, 5GB of data can't be beat, as long as they have enough coverage for you and you don't need to talk much on the phone.

Otherwise, if you need to use AT&T, then it's Straight Talk.

can't use nexus 4 on cricket, virgin mobile or clearwire.

the best plan is probably solavei with unlimited talk, text and 4GB of 4G speed data for $49 a month (on Tmobile network)

if you don't talk a lot, then Tmobile 4G prepaid $30 for 100 minutes, unlimited text and 5GB of 4G speed data is another great deal.
    josegb2011 likes this.

Airtel in India

not prepaid but.......i am a current tmo customer, waiting for 2 N4's due Feb 13(my wife n me) switching us over to the sim only family value plan.......1000 shared voice minutes, unlimited text and 4g data for 99.00 a month that includes call forwarding which is key for me as I work in construction and will leave my N4 in my truck everyday, I use a motorola flip phone set up on page plus(during work hours)

Quote Originally Posted by UnlockedOnly View Post
    not prepaid but.......i am a current tmo customer, waiting for 2 N4's due Feb 13(my wife n me) switching us over to the sim only family value plan.......1000 shared voice minutes, unlimited text and 4g data for 99.00 a month that includes call forwarding which is key for me as I work in construction and will leave my N4 in my truck everyday, I use a motorola flip phone set up on page plus(during work hours)
    I agree that conditional forwarding is very important. That's another reason why I like Solavei. I use Google Voice for consolidated voicemail. That was easy to set up with the conditional forwarding. It's my understanding that some of the other prepaid plans don't support this. (I could be wrong.)

I also don't have to share minutes with my husband

Ask me about Solavei.

I use Straight Talk's AT&T SIM. I would gladly use Solavei if T-Mobile's coverage were nearly as good as AT&T; I'd also use Solavei if they also worked on AT&T's network.

Quote Originally Posted by mhans311 View Post
    Most people seem to like straight talk. T-Mobile just announced new prepaid plans that look pretty good. Unlimited talk and text with 5gb high speed data for $45.

This looks interesting, but it read like Tmo can (and will) differentiate customers that are on both their pre and post paid plans vs this new plan, and give data speed preferences to pre/post plan holders. That implies that during heavy data traffic, the new plan people may not get H+ all the time. I actually think this is what goes on with Straight Talk plans for both AT&T and Tmo. I think the carriers can tell that these are "re-sold" minutes and alter those speeds when traffic is heavy. It's just a theory of mine.

For me, I'm on the $30 Tmo plan and love it. I use GrooveIP to keep myself under the 100 minute talk limit. Even if you didn't want to go that route, if you talked double your minute limit (200 minutes), your bill for that month would only be $40 (10 cents for every minute over 100).
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

i need to make a correction, its 89.99 a month for the TMO shared(2lines) sim value plan.......1000 minutes voice, unlimited text and 4g data, call forwarding included......saved on my monthly bill BIGTIME with this plan !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mhans311 View Post

If this is referring to the GoSmart plans make sure you read the fine print. It appears their "high speed" service is limited to 3g.

Ask me about Solavei.

Are there other options for service that uses ATT besides Straight Talk? No T-Mobile service here so I'm kind of stuck if ST stops selling ATT.
    -or-
    Anybody go straight to AT&T and get service on an unlocked device? What plan are you on?

I myself would go with TMobile since its the most affordable but its really based on the type of signal you get in your area.........

ROM
    MikG/Synergy

How do the prepaid plans treat voice and data roaming?

What about tmobiles BYOD month to month? Its $70 a month for unlimited everything.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanxu View Post
    How do the prepaid plans treat voice and data roaming?
    T-Mobile's prepaid plans allow voice and text (SMS, not MMS) roaming, but there's no data roaming.

Straight Talk only allows roaming in a few areas. Assume you can't roam and be pleasantly surprised if / when you can.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Nonymous666 View Post
    Assume you can't roam and be pleasantly surprised if / when you can.
    I think that's the bottom line for all the prepaid plans. Solavei has parts of their coverage map labeled "service partner" - that's what they consider "domestic roaming". I believe that's all they offer off the T-Mobile network. It's supposed to be 2g /voice.

Ask me about Solavei.

Global Posts
    794 Global Posts

I'm planning to get the $30 T-mobile plan ( 100 Minutes and Unlimited Data and Text) but my worry is what if my minutes exceeds 100, is there an app or someway to make free calls using the internet data on my Nexus 4?

Quote Originally Posted by rupam95 View Post
    I'm planning to get the $30 T-mobile plan ( 100 Minutes and Unlimited Data and Text) but my worry is what if my minutes exceeds 100, is there an app or someway to make free calls using the internet data on my Nexus 4?
    Download grooveip

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!
    the_lab likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast