Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Two Nexus 4 questions.

1. Does it take the same SIM card as my Galaxy Note? (the orginal Note)
    2. Will AT&T Messages work on it?

I'm picking my Nexus 4 from UPS tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. (Nerd rage knowing it's sitting on a shelf a few blocks away and having to wait)
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16), Nexus 7 2013 LTE, Nexus 5 32

Default Re: Two Nexus 4 questions.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Doo-1965 View Post
    1. Does it take the same SIM card as my Galaxy Note? (the orginal Note)
    2. Will AT&T Messages work on it?

I'm picking my Nexus 4 from UPS tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. (Nerd rage knowing it's sitting on a shelf a few blocks away and not having to wait)
    1. original GN sim wont work with Nexus 4. nexus 4 used micro sim.

all you have to do is go to ATT ask for micro sim and activate it right from there. insert sim in N4 and use it. very simle. I did it that way.

2. what do you mean ATT message? normal text messages??? yes, normal text message will work on nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The AT&T App Messages. Its for visual voice mail.

Run, do NOT walk, and get a Nexus 7. You can thank me later.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16), Nexus 7 2013 LTE, Nexus 5 32

The att visual voice mail app does not work on the nexus 4 even if you sideload the apk. If you mean the att messaging app, I have no idea, I would never use it.

+1 from above on the SIM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
    Thanked by:

For visual voicemail service, I'd recommend using Google Voice. It's free and any message will pop up on any phone or tablet it's setup on. Quite convenient if you keep your Note.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I plan to keep my Note. Where can I get a SIM adapter all the cool kids are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by S-Doo-1965 View Post
    I plan to keep my Note. Where can I get a SIM adapter all the cool kids are talking about?

you have to get a micro sim from ATT and then buy a Micro sim to normal sim adaptor. use the adaptor when you want to use the sim in Note.

use amazon. its no more than $3

Ugh so does this mean I will have to go and get a micro SIM as well? I currently have the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on AT&T. I hope they don't give you trouble at the store.
    Nexus 4 (Feb 2013 - Present)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (2011-2013)
    Verizon OG Droid (2009 - 2011)
    ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 (May 2012 - Present)

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    Ugh so does this mean I will have to go and get a micro SIM as well? I currently have the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on AT&T. I hope they don't give you trouble at the store.
    I just got mine cut so I can still swap between devices that use different sizes by putting them together.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

They shouldn't give you any trouble. When I was on At&t I walked in and got my micro sim. Easy and simple as the other guy said.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I got my SIM adapter off of eBay. Cost me $2.50. I works great.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:

I I just got mine cut
    Some SIM cards can be cut. Others cannot. I depends on whether your card has a 6-pad or 8-pad lead frame.

They shouldn't give you any trouble. When I was on At&t I walked in and got my micro sim.
    +1. Given how easy it is, why not just get a new SIM. Save your receipt. It has your IMSI and ICCID numbers. They can come in handy.

You can get a sim cutter from amazon for $5 and it will come with a few adapters. It is easy to cut, but tricky to use the adapters. I always felt like the SIM was going to get stuck in the gnote with an adapter. I learned how put the SIM into the gnote without the adapter by lining up the SIM on the contacts. There is enough friction to hold it in place if you do not shake the phone etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Holy crap this is the best phone ever. I'm not going to need a sim adapter. The Note will be WiFi only.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums