Disconnecting calls in Nexus 4

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
HI
i own an nexus 4 - 8 G.B phone .When i make call the display goes off and i have no control on my phone ,I cant able to cut the call ,even the lock button doesn't work .

My previous android phone i.e. HTC, display goes off if i take the phone near to my ear and again display gets on once if i take back but in my new nexus 4 when i dial the number the display goes off and never switch on the display unless and untill the person from other side disconnect the phone

Please help me on this

Regards,
Chethan Rajashekaraiah

olops

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Clean the glass above the proximity sensor. If you have a screen protector installed, remove it and see if the problem still occurs. If yes, it may be a hardware problem, or there's dirt trapped between proximity sensor and the glass.

olops

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine actually had dust between the proximity sensor and the glass. The person at LG made sure the dirt wasn't there after replacing my LCD (for other reasons). I suggest you send it in for Warranty.

As a workaround, you can press the power button to end a call. You need to enable this somewhere in accessibility options.