Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I found a minor bug in the camera app

See if you can reproduce this bug that I experienced on 2 Nexus 4 16GB handsets. I discovered this when looking at a picture that was taken in almost complete darkness (without flash) in landscape orientation.

Take a picture in complete - or almost complete - darkness. Is there a white vertical line that is on the left and/or right side of the picture? You might need to zoom in to see it or look at the photo on a computer screen. I attached a small cropped portion of a picture that was taken in darkness and you can see a white vertical line on the bottom left. It goes up to almost the top of the picture.

This only seems to happen when pictures are taken in a very dark situation and without the flash. Rare that I do this, but interesting to notice it and curious if it happens to others.

(edit: clarification)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I found a minor bug in the camera app-x.png  
    Last edited by Chum; 01-31-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: I found a minor bug in the camera app

I noticed a line like that in one of my panorama shots. But I think it is rare. I will try your test!

Just tried that, and didn't encounter the same thing.

Not sure I'd call it a "major" bug though. Not like you're going to be taking many pictures in the complete darkness without flash. Definitely a bug, but not something anyone will run into on normal use.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That is why I specifically called it a minor bug. Seems to be software related, as those white lines do not appear in the preview image before the picture is taken.

Default I found a minor bug in the camera app

We need to let taps know about this dark pictures glowing lines could be paranormal.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)

Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    Just tried that, and didn't encounter the same thing.

Not sure I'd call it a "major" bug though. Not like you're going to be taking many pictures in the complete darkness without flash. Definitely a bug, but not something anyone will run into on normal use.
    I had the line in a pano in a normal light shot. I think it might only be more noticeable in black but still there in other types of shots.

i also have it. they are always on the sides of the photo with the shorter dimension