See if you can reproduce this bug that I experienced on 2 Nexus 4 16GB handsets. I discovered this when looking at a picture that was taken in almost complete darkness (without flash) in landscape orientation.

Take a picture in complete - or almost complete - darkness. Is there a white vertical line that is on the left and/or right side of the picture? You might need to zoom in to see it or look at the photo on a computer screen. I attached a small cropped portion of a picture that was taken in darkness and you can see a white vertical line on the bottom left. It goes up to almost the top of the picture.

This only seems to happen when pictures are taken in a very dark situation and without the flash. Rare that I do this, but interesting to notice it and curious if it happens to others.

(edit: clarification)
    Attached Thumbnails I found a minor bug in the camera app-x.png  
    minnemike likes this.
    01-31-2013 07:23 AM
    I noticed a line like that in one of my panorama shots. But I think it is rare. I will try your test!
    01-31-2013 08:21 AM
    Just tried that, and didn't encounter the same thing.

Not sure I'd call it a "major" bug though. Not like you're going to be taking many pictures in the complete darkness without flash. Definitely a bug, but not something anyone will run into on normal use.
    01-31-2013 09:03 AM
    That is why I specifically called it a minor bug. Seems to be software related, as those white lines do not appear in the preview image before the picture is taken.
    01-31-2013 09:24 AM
    We need to let taps know about this dark pictures glowing lines could be paranormal.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
    01-31-2013 10:01 AM
    Just tried that, and didn't encounter the same thing.

Not sure I'd call it a "major" bug though. Not like you're going to be taking many pictures in the complete darkness without flash. Definitely a bug, but not something anyone will run into on normal use.
    I had the line in a pano in a normal light shot. I think it might only be more noticeable in black but still there in other types of shots.
    01-31-2013 10:03 AM
    i also have it. they are always on the sides of the photo with the shorter dimension
    02-01-2013 11:53 AM