TMO MVNO Roaming

phil94028

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting on a Nexus 4 and trying to understand the differences between the various MVNOs and Carriers.
My concern is over nationwide coverage.

Presumably ATT is going to best for coverage.
Does ATT have fallback GSM service on < 1GHz bands for better service in buildings?

For TMobile, it looks like they don't actually have a nationwide footprint and rely on ATT for roaming where they do not have a footprint. Just GSM/GPRS. I think TMOs own prepaid offerings do not support this roaming so may not be so good for a business phone used for travel.
From what I read all TMO coverage is on the > 1GHz bands so may not be great for inside buildings as well?

I do see Solavei talk about roaming on their web page so presumably they will work truly nationally.
Does anyone know if Walmart/Simple Talk will roam?

Any experts on this ... or is there a better forum to look on.
I have Verizon now and they make it easy ... just send them $110 a month!

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
ah ok, I can only answer the question in relation to getting the best H+ carrier which would be Tmo in most locations. I can confirm though that there is a data roaming cap with standard Tmo accounts.

Tmo is by far the best match for this phone in general, but of course it's all about location to location. I would survey a Tmo map and get a glimpse of what you can expect, if you know where you will be roaming.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I do see Solavei talk about roaming on their web page so presumably they will work truly nationally.

When Solavei talks about roaming, they are talking about a limited amount with "service partners". If you zoom in on their map this is represented by striped areas. I believe this is the same coverage map as the T-Mobile prepaid. (service partners are "domestic roaming" which is different than regular roaming - which I don't think either will do.)

It's like the other poster said - you need to study coverage maps to see if your needs are met. Solavei works great for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde