Speed test?

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
The speed test app on WiFi it works great. When I use the cell network I get this.uploadfromtaptalk1359825799049.jpg

I've read about APNs but I'm clueless about what they mean or how to change them.

why would you not get a Nexus device?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sipped test?

Ouch! Something not right there...

I got this in Plano (North or Dallas yesterday) Certainly not LTE but bearable.

go to you tube and look up setting up apn's on nexus. They have have a bunch on getting LTE to work in the phone menus etc, just ignore that part and look at how they put in the APN's. You can get the settings for your network with a simple search.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-02-13-49-19.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-02-13-49-19.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 33

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
heard there was a problem with speedtest on Nexus 4 but that should've been patched. Maybe bad APN?

Just got my Nexus today and was getting crappy speeds. Turned to my brother and said how I'm getting rid of it. Phone must of heard me cause then if gave me this in Brooklyn:

ja9y5a2y.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Nexus today and was getting crappy speeds. Turned to my brother and said how I'm getting rid of it. Phone must of heard me cause then if gave me this in Brooklyn:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/03/ja9y5a2y.jpg

T mobile service is extremely spotty. I get no service in plenty of places or terrible data speeds. Depends where you are meaning inside, outside, under a bridge, etc.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Do a search on APN settings and make the changes to the ones listed for your carrier.
I'm using the sim from my iphone 4S with AT&T iphone 4S data plan...
had the exact issue you are showing... made the APN changes... and I'm hitting 6 to 10 Mbps avg.

The speed test app on WiFi it works great. When I use the cell network I get this.View attachment 58755

I've read about APNs but I'm clueless about what they mean or how to change them.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Go into your APN settings and if anything is in the proxy field, erase it. Leave it blank.

Sent from my badass Nexus 4

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Do a search on APN settings and make the changes to the ones listed for your carrier.
I'm using the sim from my iphone 4S with AT&T iphone 4S data plan...
had the exact issue you are showing... made the APN changes... and I'm hitting 6 to 10 Mbps avg.

If u are using straight talk I know that the speed test app won't work unless you delete the proxy part of the APN. everything else works fine with no proxy also. I never use one with straight talk att

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Deleting the proxy settings to work. Thanks for the help. I'm only getting around 3mb down so further tinkering might be needed.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Deleting the proxy settings to work. Thanks for the help. I'm only getting around 3mb down so further tinkering might be needed.

That's usually what I get about 3 down and 1 up on straight talk att

mmtowns

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/03/ja9y5a2y.jpg

Hello. Based on the "H" in your screen shot, it appears as though you may be using T-Mobile or one of their MVNOs. I am using iWireless with my N4, a T-Mobile affiliate and my data indicator fluctuates back and forth between "H" and "E" depending on the city I am in. According to the coverage map, I should sometimes be in 4g/HSPA while other times I should be in 3G, however I have yet to see a "3G" indicator on my phone. Is this your experience as well, a lack of 3G indicator, on your phone when using T-Mobile towers?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello. Based on the "H" in your screen shot, it appears as though you may be using T-Mobile or one of their MVNOs. I am using iWireless with my N4, a T-Mobile affiliate and my data indicator fluctuates back and forth between "H" and "E" depending on the city I am in. According to the coverage map, I should sometimes be in 4g/HSPA while other times I should be in 3G, however I have yet to see a "3G" indicator on my phone. Is this your experience as well, a lack of 3G indicator, on your phone when using T-Mobile towers?

The H is hspa or hspa+ which is 3g/4g since the nexus doesn't have a manufacturer skin on it it won't show up as 3g or 4g just the H. E is edge which is like 2g

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
This should do. Faster then my DSL at home. Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359867240971.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359867240971.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 32

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000