How to set pages on your Google chrome homepage?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to do this. I would like to have Google.com on the home screen part but I'm not sure how to set it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to do this. I would like to have Google.com on the home screen part but I'm not sure how to set it

Not following you. What do you mean by. 'home screen part'?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I think homepage and home screen just got confused. If you mean how can you get a shortcut to google.com, you can save it as a bookmark and put that on your home screen as described by Neil154. If you mean you want it to default to google.com when you open Chrome, the current browser does not support that. The way Chrome works, with the address bar being a search bar as well, it's technically always on google's search page. personally I just went to google.com and bookmarked it, that way when you open a new tab or new session of Chrome, you can select that bookmark and be instantly there (if you wanted to see the doodle, etc). otherwise, putting anything in the address bar will give you the option to search for it, just like in desktop Chrome.

JannyMaha

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
To save Google.com as my homepage on a Samsung Galaxy Note II, I opened Chrome -> clicked on the Google.com bookmark -> saved it as a Favorite under Mobile Bookmarks -> opened my Mobile Bookmarks -> Long-press the new Google.com bookmark -> select 'Save to your Homepage' -> Going forward, use this new icon to open your Chrome browser.

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey i just found out how to do it! U're using a nexus 4 right? Than u must go to google.com> save as mibile bookmark > go to bookmarks > long hold on the google.com bookmark > add to home screen > long hold on the google.com shortcut > edit (depends on the launcher you use) and than, u choose the icon you want.

P.S. You must have a downloaded launcher.
P.P.S. I use apex launcher.

Posted from my Nexus 4

EmpressRose77

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey i just found out how to do it! U're using a nexus 4 right? Than u must go to google.com> save as mibile bookmark > go to bookmarks > long hold on the google.com bookmark > add to home screen > long hold on the google.com shortcut > edit (depends on the launcher you use) and than, u choose the icon you want.

P.S. You must have a downloaded launcher.
P.P.S. I use apex launcher.

Posted from my Nexus 4

Not working for MW and this is driving me nuts. I'm long pressing it and set as home page isn't in the selection of options. Sorry, what am I doing wrong?

Timothy Czarnecki

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S4 and I had the same issue. Open Chrome and select the drop down list and you'll see the last item is "Request desktop site". Settings is hidden from view. Scroll down (by dragging upwards) and you'll see the Settings button. Select Settings and about five items down is Home page. There you can change it to whatever you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae