Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By minnemike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Easiest way to transfer my contacts when this phone comes in the mail?

Currently have an iPhone 4S. I'm on a prepaid t-mobile plan. Is there any way I can upload my contacts somewhere and download them onto the nexus 4? Or save them to the simcard or something?

Thanks
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Default Re: Easiest way to transfer my contacts when this phone comes in the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by MarteenGreen View Post
    Currently have an iPhone 4S. I'm on a prepaid t-mobile plan. Is there any way I can upload my contacts somewhere and download them onto the nexus 4? Or save them to the simcard or something?

Thanks
    Could you sign into iCloud and select all contacts, then export the vCard and upload vCard to Google Contacts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Could you sign into iCloud and select all contacts, then export the vCard and upload vCard to Google Contacts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Ah yes. That's an idea, thanks! Hopefully it'll work easily.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Re: Easiest way to transfer my contacts when this phone comes in the mail?

Ah yes. That's an idea, thanks! Hopefully it'll work easily.
    Rainbow contact or something like that on the play store, uses Bluetooth to take all the contacts out of your old cellphone.

Thanks
    I dont know if there is an option in iOS to copy all your contacts to SIM. this is what i did when i started using my first Android.

I was using Nokia Symbian phone(and there was this option) and i exported all contacts to SIM.

then when i inserted the sim on my Android i used the option to export all contacts to phone and then synced it with gmail.

There are plenty of apps in the app store that will transfer your contact from your phone to your Google account that's what I did coming from iPhone 5

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)

If you are going with google android, may as well get yourself familiar with google as a whole. Get a gmail account and upload all your contacts there - once you have them there, you have them everywhere.... then sit back and enjoy life as a google minion.
    ibbyj likes this.