Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By still1
  • 1 Post By ragnarokx
  • 1 Post By trogdor2012
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question 4 vs 7

For those of you who have both, which do you think is faster?

Default Re: 4 vs 7

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    I have 4 and 10. both are faster
    Thanked by:

^ lol

I have both, and my Nexus 4 feels faster all around. Not that my 7 is slow, but the difference is noticeable.
    pugnuttt likes this.

I agree. I just got my N4 a couple days ago but I've had my N7 for a while and the 4 is faster even with M-kernel installed on the 7.
    pugnuttt likes this.

To me it's an easy answer: 4 is faster. That extra RAM really helps! (not that the 7 is 'slow' by anything other than relative means).

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts

Have both. 4 also seems a bit faster than the 7

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    LG Nexus 4 E960 Occam 44.2.2 JDQ39 / Nokia Lumia 920 / Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 Takju 4.2.2 JDQ39 / Asus Google Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks guys. I also think the 4 is faster.

Yep, the 4 is faster IMO.
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

4 is faster.

When I try to stream media (Netflix, Pandora) on my Nexus 7 using WiFi while listening with Bluetooth ear buds, I get stuttering. This is a bug that came with JB 4.2.

With the Nexus 4, performance is smooth as Jello pudding. This was when I was streaming Pandora over WiFi while using Bluetooth ear buds.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I don't notice much, if any difference, except for screen rotation. N4 is noticeably faster on that.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    To me it's an easy answer: 4 is faster. That extra RAM really helps! (not that the 7 is 'slow' by anything other than relative means).
    My experience: N4 for less than a week, N7 (my wife's tablet) for several months is similar to Jeremy8000, N4 seems a bit more snappy.

I agree with all the other replies, 4 noticeably quicker than 7, and screen so crisp

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I have 4 and 10. both are faster
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    ^ lol

I have both, and my Nexus 4 feels faster all around. Not that my 7 is slow, but the difference is noticeable.
    I'm with ragnarok and the others who've said that the Nexus 4 feels faster. I get the feeling that animations, transitions, and other UI functions seem a bit drawn-out on the Nexus 7, while on the N4 they're quick and clean.

My experience is the same as everyone else. I've noticed that if you have static wallpaper and smaller widgets only then the nexus 7 is closer to the 4 in speed, but when I add in live wallpaper and some larger widgets then the 7 can have some noticeable hitching whereas the 4 still maintains that buttery smoothness.
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    I have both. The N4 feels a tad faster but not by much - maybe its because of the extra RAM?

As with everyone else, I find that my N4 is much faster and smoother than my N7, particularly in OS transitions and effects. Opening up the apps drawer on my N7 almost seems in slow motion now...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2