• 1 Post By Garrett92C
  • 1 Post By greydarrah
  • 1 Post By runtmms
  • 1 Post By jdbii
  • 2 Post By Tall Mike 2145
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Default Will you consider switching to 'Go Smart'?

Looks like T Mobile owned 'Go Smart' has gone live.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Default Re: Will you consider switching to 'Go Smart'?

No, since Go Smart only offer "3G" data. If I were going the prepaid route, I'd try T-Mobile Monthly 4G or Straight Talk.
    rjfarrow likes this.

I'm waiting to see what the data speeds look like, but if they're sticking to 3g, I'll have to pass. I'm liking my $30 4g plan too much. I have to say that this is one of the things I'm loving about my N4..options. I could never even consider shopping around while locked into my old Verizon contract.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    jdbii likes this.

No way. I'm too happy with Solavei. (It might be worth doing GoSmart if you lived in an area with no 4g.) With all the complaints about ST customer service / random throttling I don't know why you'd go T-Mobile through them. With the current plan offerings out there on the T-Mobile network I think there's a pretty clear path based on your usage.

1: $30 T-Mobile if you can make the 100 minutes work
    2: $49 Solavei unlimited / throttled after 4GB
    3: $70 T-Mobile if you need to be truly unlimited

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Ask me about Solavei.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Agreed with all. The $45 plan wouldn't make much sense when you could get 4G with ST (albeit less data), and if I was willing to pay $45 per for unlimited everything then it'd be hard not to justify paying $5 more for Solavei.

However, I think some $30 T Mobile customers might be tempted for the $35 Go Smart if your struggling to get by on 100 minutes and frustrated with voip. So long as you had regular access to wifi then I see value in the $35 plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    However, I think some $30 T Mobile customers might be tempted for the $35 Go Smart if your struggling to get by on 100 minutes and frustrated with voip. So long as you had regular access to wifi then I see value in the $35 plan.
    Maybe, but I think that's going to be a tough sell. I get the feeling most people on the $30 plan like their fast data. The $35 plan is only 2g. I guess it works if you're not concerned with data speeds when away from wifi. (which is what you said :-P)

Ask me about Solavei.
    jdbii likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runtmms View Post
    I think that's going to be a tough sell. I get the feeling most people on the $30 plan like their fast data.
    Yes. It would be like going back to dial-up. I do not think there would be many N4 owners (if any) on Tmo no data w/1500 talk & text $30 plan' but for them 2g might be nice when in a pinch.
    mountainloafers likes this.

I am considering signing my wife up for this... I am not so sure she would notice the 2g, $35 for unlimited texts and calls would be perfect for her though.

The only T-Mobile MNVO I'd ever use is Solavei.

i think only $30 plan (unlimited talk & text) is good
    other plan with download speed of 2G for $35 is crap
    who use 2G speed now days

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by mat jonson View Post
    i think only $30 plan (unlimited talk & text) is good
    other plan with download speed of 2G for $35 is crap
    who use 2G speed now days
    Not everyone needs the speed. My mother is on Sprint and doesn't mind their horrid 3G speeds while I would be wanting to throw my phone out the car window.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Since I live in Wales, I can't get that service. However... Even if I could, I wouldn't.

I get 300 minutes, 3000 texts and unlimited internet for 13.36 a month on Three (my contract is also a 30 day rolling one; so I could always switch to another whenever I want to). I know the minutes and texts might not be enough for some people, but for me it's perfect; and so cheap, too!

My internet is 3G, but honestly... It goes fast enough on my Nexus 4 anyway, and I don't plan to stream movies or do online gaming anytime soon. Heh.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbose View Post
    Since I live in Wales, I can't get that service. However... Even if I could, I wouldn't.

I get 300 minutes, 3000 texts and unlimited internet for 13.36 a month on Three (my contract is also a 30 day rolling one; so I could always switch to another whenever I want to). I know the minutes and texts might not be enough for some people, but for me it's perfect; and so cheap, too!

My internet is 3G, but honestly... It goes fast enough on my Nexus 4 anyway, and I don't plan to stream movies or do online gaming anytime soon. Heh.
    That is a great deal. I wish we had an option that affordable in the US.

As someone who used to have a girlfriend from Australia, I have always found it interesting what people in AU and some European countries are willing to pay, given what they get for it (I could make this comment about a number of things, but right now I'm thinking Internet connectivity and cell usage).

We American T-Mo customers -- well, many of us, anyhow -- are paying ~ 22.99 /mo for 100 minutes talk, unlim text, and approx. 10 - 25MB down / 1 - 3MB up throttled after 5GB. (I'm also paying ~38.30 /mo for 20MB cable service with basically no cap at all.)

Call me spoiled, because I certainly am.

EDIT: My bill is $30 (22.99 ) + 6% sales tax ($1.80, or 1.38 ), for a monthly total of $31.80 (24.38 ).
    Last edited by Tall Mike 2145; 03-05-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    jdbii and mat jonson like this.

No way. I'm too happy with Solavei. (It might be worth doing GoSmart if you lived in an area with no 4g.) With all the complaints about ST customer service / random throttling I don't know why you'd go T-Mobile through them. With the current plan offerings out there on the T-Mobile network I think there's a pretty clear path based on your usage.

It's perfect for many dudes I know, but obviously not intended for people who spend 3 hours a day on the phone with their BFF who lives next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn Rancher View Post
    It's perfect for many dudes I know, but obviously not intended for people who spend 3 hours a day on the phone with their BFF who lives next door.
    $45 with 5GB of 3G speed data can be considered good given one uses that amount of data

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

2: $49 Solavei unlimited / throttled after 4GB
    3: $70 T-Mobile if you need to be truly unlimited

The Solavei is 59 a month all in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

I would never switch to Go Smart. Why? Well no 4G, and getting a lower network priority on T-Mobiles towers.

GoSmart Mobile expands to nationwide availability | Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    Agreed with all. The $45 plan wouldn't make much sense when you could get 4G with ST (albeit less data), and if I was willing to pay $45 per for unlimited everything then it'd be hard not to justify paying $5 more for Solavei.

i really don't think so, T Mobile $30 4G plan might have only 100 min of talk time but it has unlimited 4G data but T Mobile $35 plan might have unlimited talk & text but data speed is 2G, a smartphone require 3G at least
    i think T Mobile $30 4G plan customers might like $45 plan if they think their data requirement is less than 5GB

well if you don't talk much then $30 4g plan a good option otherwise do give a thought to Go Smart $45 plan

Quote Originally Posted by mat jonson View Post
    i really don't think so, T Mobile $30 4G plan might have only 100 min of talk time but it has unlimited 4G data but T Mobile $35 plan might have unlimited talk & text but data speed is 2G, a smartphone require 3G at least
    i think T Mobile $30 4G plan customers might like $45 plan if they think their data requirement is less than 5GB
    They have to talk a lot for the $45 plan to be worth it. At ten cents a minute overage charge on the $30 plan, they could talk for three hours a month for $38 total, without having to use VOIP.