Light Flow - LED and Notifications App

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I know most of us are aware how well this works on the Nexus 4. For those who are new to the forum I highly recommend you give this app a try. I'm using the lite (free) version.

Bar81

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Based upon how well the free version works, I bought the paid app for Yahoo Mail and Any.do notifications as well as some other features in the paid app. I had a problem with Any.do and e-mailed the dev and a fixed new version was uploaded in about 12 hours. Highly recommended.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree completely. The pulse notification light is pretty useless stock. Light Flow makes it nearly fully featured. I also ended up buying for additional app support.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

MerkurMan

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I love this app, and have been using it since my Nexus One days.

My only minor niggle with it is the dismissal options, specifically with texts. If I'm texting someone and I turn the screen off with the Messaging app open, when I get a new text, the notification disappears as soon as I turn on the screen. I have it set to dismiss when the app opens, and it will do that at the lock screen with the app open in the background. There are times when I want to simply check the contents of the text by pulling down the notification bar at the lock screen. Minor issue, which is resolved by hitting the home button before I turn the screen off, or changing the dismissal option to "when notification bar pulled down" I just like things a certain way, and is no fault of the app.

Very glad I purchased it all that time ago, and couldn't imagine owning a phone without a multicolour LED and full control over it, even down to the length of the pulses.

red5ive1

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi - new to Android and coming from an iPhone, so this notification light is pretty groundbreaking for me.

I have a couple of questions about the app. Can you prioritize which light it flashing? Say I get a text, missed call, and e-mail. Can I prioritize the notification in order of importance to me? If I say missed call is most important, then text, then e-mail - will that mean that if all three occur then the missed call color will flash? If you have multiple notifications, will the app rotate through the colors or will it only flash the priority notification? Thanks for the help.

deichenlaub

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If you have multiple notifications, will the app rotate through the colors or will it only flash the priority notification?

It rotates through all notifications. However, the rotation speed is slow. I use a custom flash of (10,300) for all notifications. I get several flashes of the first color, then several of the second, etc. In practice, it's not that useful a feature. You would have to watch the phone for a while to detect which types of notifications you have.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have multiple notifications, will the app rotate through the colors or will it only flash the priority notification?

It rotates through all notifications. However, the rotation speed is slow. I use a custom flash of (10,300) for all notifications. I get several flashes of the first color, then several of the second, etc. In practice, it's not that useful a feature. You would have to watch the phone for a while to detect which types of notifications you have.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi - new to Android and coming from an iPhone, so this notification light is pretty groundbreaking for me.

I have a couple of questions about the app. Can you prioritize which light it flashing? Say I get a text, missed call, and e-mail. Can I prioritize the notification in order of importance to me? If I say missed call is most important, then text, then e-mail - will that mean that if all three occur then the missed call color will flash? If you have multiple notifications, will the app rotate through the colors or will it only flash the priority notification? Thanks for the help.

like said by deichenlaub, it will rotate but if you want to customize the rotation speed you have to buy the premium. but i will say its well worth it.

spartca

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I installed Light Flow free version, and now the notification light blinks constantly, even with no apps running and no new notifications.

Besides possibly looking "cool," depending on your taste, wouldn't this defeat the whole purpose of having a notification light?

Could this potentially be due to GPS location services, security software, and ad blocking all being listed in the top left corner, even though they don't produce any new "notifications?"

I would prefer it if there are no new notifications then no blinky blinky. Help?

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Make sure that it isn't one of the default notification settings that are preset. Open Light Flow - > Notifications - > sorting options (upper right 3 staggered lines) - > sort by priority. Every active notification shows up at the top. The color corresponds to the light color. Choose the notification item of matching color. You can disable that notification or change how it's cleared.

If I remember correctly, "no service" blinks white by default. It doesn't clear that notification until it gets service or until you change the clear notification style. (Or disable the notification.)

mset

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if Light Flow will notify me of a pushed email/new text when the phone is asleep? Or does the Nexus 4 have to be awake to get push? I know there is an issue with the phone not being able to connect to WiFi after being alseep, but I don't seem to have that issue (although push email is definitely not working very well for me on the Nexus 4).

I need

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
At night when my phone is asleep, it does blink my designated color when I get a pushed email. Does it well!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad