Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
If you knew what people went through with the Thunderbolt right from the very beginning, you wouldn't be questioning their excitement or relief.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I was going to reply to that thread about how great the Nexus 4 is and how Jellybean 4.2 rocks... lol. Verizon is notorious for slow updates and control. Example: Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Updates are pushed by Verizon NOT Google. The Galaxy Nexus by Verizon is STILL running 4.1. While Galaxy Nexus's running on other carriers have been updated to 4.2.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I was going to reply to that thread about how great the Nexus 4 is and how Jellybean 4.2 rocks... lol. Verizon is notorious for slow updates and control. Example: Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Updates are pushed by Verizon NOT Google. The Galaxy Nexus by Verizon is STILL running 4.1. While Galaxy Nexus's running on other carriers have been updated to 4.2.

Not true. The updates are still pushed by google, Verizon has to approve them.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok...thanx for the correction about who pushes the updates. Gotta love Verizon control... kills two benefits of the Nexus... freedom from carrier control and timely updates.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
If you knew what people went through with the Thunderbolt right from the very beginning, you wouldn't be questioning their excitement or relief.

I don't think she's so much questioning their excitement as expressing surprise they have to be in that situation in the first place! :)

I had a Thunderbolt and ditched it pretty quickly for a Rezound when that came out.

Last edited:

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't think he's so much questioning their excitement as expressing surprise they have to be in that situation in the first place! :)

I had a Thunderbolt and ditched it pretty quickly for a Rezound when that came out.

He said he can't believe they're freaking out over it, and he finds it amusing, so take it how you will, I guess. I think it's pretty immature. And it's nothing about luck. We all made choices, and anyone can root when in a situation such as theirs.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
He said he can't believe they're freaking out over it, and he finds it amusing, so take it how you will, I guess. I think it's pretty immature. And it's nothing about luck. We all made choices, and anyone can root when in a situation such as theirs.

I found it funny also. Not on they part but on vzw behalf smh.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the thread should be called "They are very unlucky!"...I mean it's 2013 and they were still on GB?!
And even now, just ICS after all that wait? Geez
I haven't held a GB device since late 2011...I can't even remember those days

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the thread should be called "They are very unlucky!"...I mean it's 2013 and they were still on GB?!
And even now, just ICS after all that wait? Geez
I haven't held a GB device since late 2011...I can't even remember those days

Then you'll be shocked to know that major OEMS like Samsung are still shipping NEW handsets with 2.3.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Then you'll be shocked to know that major OEMS like Samsung are still shipping NEW handsets with 2.3.

In North America?
If so, damn!
Last time I stepped into a carrier's store looking for a phone to purchase was...back in around 2010.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
In North America?
If so, damn!
Last time I stepped into a carrier's store looking for a phone to purchase was...back in around 2010.

Yep. Granted, many are prepaid, but OEMS are still making them.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from the thunderbolt and still like it. If I had a choice, I would continue to use it. But, my desire to move to an unlocked device, try a lower cost carrier, and avoid feeling like I have to "upgrade" every two years to get my money's worth out of those subsidized plans sent me down this path.

Yes, so far the nexus looks good and I am sure I will like it. To those who are having trouble comprehending android 2.3, consider this: you just purchased a phone that has no LTE capability. Tell me again who is so behind the times?

I feel as though, in some ways, I am taking a step backwards going to a nexus from my thunderbolt. I guess that is the price one pays to save some money.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am coming from the thunderbolt and still like it. If I had a choice, I would continue to use it. But, my desire to move to an unlocked device, try a lower cost carrier, and avoid feeling like I have to "upgrade" every two years to get my money's worth out of those subsidized plans sent me down this path.

Yes, so far the nexus looks good and I am sure I will like it. To those who are having trouble comprehending android 2.3, consider this: you just purchased a phone that has no LTE capability. Tell me again who is so behind the times?

I feel as though, in some ways, I am taking a step backwards going to a nexus from my thunderbolt. I guess that is the price one pays to save some money.

The N4 has LTE. Just on T-Mobile Canada and Mexico.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.