Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Default Re: We are very lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    It's fully functional & as stable as the other "officially supported" LTE devices.
    Until you use it yourself, there's no point in you continuing to try defending your case.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums on LTE
    And that's crazy how u actually OWN THE PHONE and buddy is arguing wit u over the fact smh. U even said u was on lte haha

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know with 100% certainty for myself, but what JHBThree is saying is that the radio in the device basically can connect to LTE by default, because it just happens to play nice with the same band used. That does not, however, mean the Nexus 4 is an LTE device or "LTE compliant." If you overclock your graphics card in your PC, in order to achieve desired frame rates, sharers or what have you, it doesn't mean your setup was made to properly handle the tweak. If hardware isn't there, it just isn't there. You don't have to own it to even know that. Again, the confusion on the topic, along with the "funny" real world results, is where the argument comes from, so I'm not claiming anything one way or the other.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

His statements are that lte isn't officially supported that's like saying root doesn't exist because its not officially supported.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

It's fully functional & as stable as the other "officially supported" LTE devices.
    Until you use it yourself, there's no point in you continuing to try defending your case.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums on LTE
    No it isn't. It is missing significant pieces of hardware that WILL adversely affect your device over the long run. My nexus 4 is sitting at home waiting for me, since it was just delivered today.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Who cares about official support. If it gets the speed its still lte get off it. It clearly works what is your problem.

Because it is not an LTE device. It does not have an amplifier or other hardware necessary for it to work properly.

His statements are that lte isn't officially supported that's like saying root doesn't exist because its not officially supported.

Two different things. Root is built into the system as a possibility. The nexus 4 has a vestigial radio that only exists because of the chipset being used, and it is missing other significant pieces of hardware necessary for proper signal.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Two different things. Root is built into the system as a possibility. The nexus 4 has a vestigial radio that only exists because of the chipset being used, and it is missing other significant pieces of hardware necessary for proper signal.

BUT IT CONNECTS AND IS USED. Why is that so hard for you to accept. Pull the stick out bro.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

BUT IT CONNECTS AND IS USED. Why is that so hard for you to accept. Pull the stick out bro.

I think he likes it in haha

No it isn't. It is missing significant pieces of hardware that WILL adversely affect your device over the long run. My nexus 4 is sitting at home waiting for me, since it was just delivered today.
    So you're saying that you, without use of a compatible LTE network for your Nexus 4, know for a fact that it doesn't work as well as another LTE device?
    Interesting.
    I've used MY Nexus 4 & MY iPhone 5 and can tell you that they both work equally well on Telus / Koodo.

Will it work on Verizon's LTE? No
    Will it work on AT&T's LTE? No
    But nobody is claiming that.
    It DOES work on Telus/Koodo's LTE just as well as an officially supported iPhone 5 & a device that's not supposed to do LTE either - the Xperia Ion.

So in conclusion - does it work on ALL LTE networks? No. Does it work PERFECTLY on certain LTE networks? Yes.

So you're saying that you, without use of a compatible LTE network for your Nexus 4, know for a fact that it doesn't work as well as another LTE device?
    Interesting.
    I've used MY Nexus 4 & MY iPhone 5 and can tell you that they both work equally well on Telus / Koodo.

Will it work on Verizon's LTE? No
    Will it work on AT&T's LTE? No
    But nobody is claiming that.
    It DOES work on Telus/Koodo's LTE just as well as an officially supported iPhone 5 & a device that's not supposed to do LTE either - the Xperia Ion.

So in conclusion - does it work on ALL LTE networks? No. Does it work PERFECTLY on certain LTE networks? Yes.
    Yes. Because it doesn't have necessary hardware. The nexus 4 is not an LTE device and will never be updated to allow it without hacking.

For now. There will be a software update coming to kill the vestigial LTE radio since it is not certified. That still doesn't change the fact that it isn't an LTE device and never will be one.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

You really think that can't be circumvented? I'm just going to throw this one up as you have little to no knowledge of how this all works. Enjoy sticking what the manufacturer leaves you with, those of with half a brain will continue using lte on the n4 and not accepting what we are told.

You really think that can't be circumvented? I'm just going to throw this one up as you have little to no knowledge of how this all works. Enjoy sticking what the manufacturer leaves you with, those of with half a brain will continue using lte on the n4 and not accepting what we are told.

You won't have a choice when they kill the radio. It won't be something you can circumvent. If you knew how the software for these radios worked, you would know that. Google and LG have a legal obligation through their FCC certification to do so, and it absolutely will not be something anyone can get around.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

You won't have a choice when they kill the radio. It won't be something you can circumvent. If you knew how the software for these radios worked, you would know that. Google and LG have a legal obligation through their FCC certification to do so, and it absolutely will not be something anyone can get around.

Lol OK guy I'll let you live in your perfect dream world.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

He reminds me of that donkey from family guy that said that Kevin beacon wasn't in footloose hahahaha.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Smdh DUDE T-MOBILE IS PUBLICLY ALREADY STATED THAT THEY HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE N4 LTE CAPABILITIES AND PLANS ON USING THAT. AND THAT SPECIAL HACK U SPEAK OFF IS NOTHING BUT GOING INTO A DIALER MENU AND TURNING ON LTE DUDE LOL. IT TAKES LESS EFFORT THAN ROOTING SMARTGUY. AND ANYWAY WHY WOULD T-MOBILE A COMPANY THAT WANNA EXPAND LTE CUT IT OFF?????????? IF ANYTHING THE FUTURE UPDATES IS GONNA GIVE OTHER PHONES THE LTE OPTION AS WELL SMART GUY HAHA. COMMON SENSE

Lanhoj likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Lots of people in this thread said a lot of things that shouldn't have been said. The topic from the beginning was borderline trolling, and I wish I would have seen it earlier.

The insults and bickering were unnecessary. Please, try to remain civil. If you see a post that you find offensive, rude, or otherwise inappropriate, please use the Report Post button in the upper right hand corner of every post. Thank you.
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    Thanked by 3:
    Lanhoj likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123