We are very lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The N4 has LTE. Just on T-Mobile Canada and Mexico.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

No it doesn't. It is missing almost all of the hardware that is necessary. All it has is the radio.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
No it doesn't. It is missing almost all of the hardware that is necessary. All it has is the radio.

You've said a few times that it doesn't, but have you tried, personally?

It works for me in Canada on Telus & Koodo (essentially the same network) with no problems getting the same speeds as an iPhone 5 & Xperia Ion using the same carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Going from a Thunderbolt to a N4 is a step backwards?! Thanks for the laugh, my friend. That's a good one!

I'm assuming that comment was based solely on the lack of LTE support for the N4; it obviously blows the TB out of the water in every other way...but let's face it, if you've been used to Verizon 4G, it can be hard to go back to 3G speeds.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Dude all its missing is the code which u can input to turn lte on. Bottom line N4 users in mexico and Canada are using the same model everybody else got but with lte. Google it if u don't believe me. Its videos out too and soon T-Mobile users will also.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
N4 without any of the normally needed hardware can operate on band 4 lte. Aside from that good luck but yes technically it can operate on an lte network just not one supported by "most" US carriers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
But it will on - surprise! - T-Mobile, which many many Nexus 4 users are using.

True but that's also dependent on location just a heads up but yes you are correct. I just wanted to make sure to clarify everything Lil.

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming that comment was based solely on the lack of LTE support for the N4

Yes, it was. Thanks for the clarification.

For all those who believe that the LTE will work once TMobile (and ATT maybe) lights it up, I hope you are correct.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it was. Thanks for the clarification.

For all those who believe that the LTE will work once TMobile (and ATT maybe) lights it up, I hope you are correct.

Lol only in certain areas again they only have access to one working band and without the proper hardware range will be limited.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Dude T-Mobile already said they are pushing there lte on band 4 where have u been hiding at bro????????? Lol

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Dude T-Mobile already said they are pushing there lte on band 4 where have u been hiding at bro????????? Lol

I did some reading lol I stand corrected my bad lol. Hey tmo users have a good thing going then.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
As a previous Thunderbolt owner I feel the need to chime in! The Thunderbolt was the FIRST device to use Verizon's 4G LTE network and while it had its shortcomings, I loved every bit of it! I miss having the kickstand on a daily basis and the HTC Music app is the best stock music player I have ever come across (I'm using PowerAmp on my Razr bc the stock player absolutely sucks)! Everyone is so excited for this upgrade because the device has been LONG forgotten by both Verizon and HTC making it absolutely astonishing that they (Verizon and HTC) decided to put the resources necessary together to complete a build of ICS that would work on this device! If I remember correctly this will be the 3rd major OS update the Thunderbolt has received (I believe it started on Froyo then went to GB where it had reboot issues and now ICS.) Now this may not seem like much for Nexus owners but just think about the GNeus on Verizon....It started on 4.0 and is now at 4.1 however it seems Verizon has forgotten about it especially now that it has reached its EOL! About the same time I upgrade to a new device and get Android 4.2 or 5.0 I bet I will see forums of GNexus owners on Verizon just getting the 4.2 or 5.0 update and think, why are you so excited?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Everywhere T-Mobile has LTE EVERY N4 user will have it.

No, we won't. The N4 is missing significant pieces of hardware needed for a stable experience.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar