Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default We are very lucky!

I find this amusing and I know I probably shouldn't but I was looking around some other forums And I came across this :http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...e-verizon.html I can't believe people are freaking out over this, that's what made me think how lucky we are. Ice Cream Sandwich....Really?

Default Re: We are very lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    I find this amusing and I know I probably shouldn't but I was looking around some other forums And I came across this :http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...e-verizon.html I can't believe people are freaking out over this, that's what made me think how lucky we are. Ice Cream Sandwich....Really?
    one more reason why I love my nexus devices.

If you knew what people went through with the Thunderbolt right from the very beginning, you wouldn't be questioning their excitement or relief.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    MERCDROID and ibbyj like this.

Global Posts
    1,844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

I was going to reply to that thread about how great the Nexus 4 is and how Jellybean 4.2 rocks... lol. Verizon is notorious for slow updates and control. Example: Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Updates are pushed by Verizon NOT Google. The Galaxy Nexus by Verizon is STILL running 4.1. While Galaxy Nexus's running on other carriers have been updated to 4.2.
    Last edited by gcorliss; 02-06-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gcorliss View Post
    I was going to reply to that thread about how great the Nexus 4 is and how Jellybean 4.2 rocks... lol. Verizon is notorious for slow updates and control. Example: Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Updates are pushed by Verizon NOT Google. The Galaxy Nexus by Verizon is STILL running 4.1. While Galaxy Nexus's running on other carriers have been updated to 4.2.
    Not true. The updates are still pushed by google, Verizon has to approve them.
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    1,844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Ok...thanx for the correction about who pushes the updates. Gotta love Verizon control... kills two benefits of the Nexus... freedom from carrier control and timely updates.

Not lucky. Smart!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Greg C likes this.

From a Thunderbolt owner, that is a miracle. I was surprised we got GB. . .

Quote Originally Posted by KwietStorm View Post
    If you knew what people went through with the Thunderbolt right from the very beginning, you wouldn't be questioning their excitement or relief.

I don't think she's so much questioning their excitement as expressing surprise they have to be in that situation in the first place!

I had a Thunderbolt and ditched it pretty quickly for a Rezound when that came out.
    Last edited by karmamule; 02-07-2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: pronoun gender change :)
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...
    pugnuttt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karmamule View Post
    I don't think he's so much questioning their excitement as expressing surprise they have to be in that situation in the first place!

I had a Thunderbolt and ditched it pretty quickly for a Rezound when that came out.
    He said he can't believe they're freaking out over it, and he finds it amusing, so take it how you will, I guess. I think it's pretty immature. And it's nothing about luck. We all made choices, and anyone can root when in a situation such as theirs.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by KwietStorm View Post
    He said he can't believe they're freaking out over it, and he finds it amusing, so take it how you will, I guess. I think it's pretty immature. And it's nothing about luck. We all made choices, and anyone can root when in a situation such as theirs.

I found it funny also. Not on they part but on vzw behalf smh.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe the thread should be called "They are very unlucky!"...I mean it's 2013 and they were still on GB?!
    And even now, just ICS after all that wait? Geez
    I haven't held a GB device since late 2011...I can't even remember those days

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Maybe the thread should be called "They are very unlucky!"...I mean it's 2013 and they were still on GB?!
    And even now, just ICS after all that wait? Geez
    I haven't held a GB device since late 2011...I can't even remember those days

Then you'll be shocked to know that major OEMS like Samsung are still shipping NEW handsets with 2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Then you'll be shocked to know that major OEMS like Samsung are still shipping NEW handsets with 2.3.
    In North America?
    If so, damn!
    Last time I stepped into a carrier's store looking for a phone to purchase was...back in around 2010.

MERCDROID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    In North America?
    If so, damn!
    Last time I stepped into a carrier's store looking for a phone to purchase was...back in around 2010.

Yep. Granted, many are prepaid, but OEMS are still making them.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

In case anyone is interested......I'm a girl.
    MERCDROID and gone down south like this.

I am coming from the thunderbolt and still like it. If I had a choice, I would continue to use it. But, my desire to move to an unlocked device, try a lower cost carrier, and avoid feeling like I have to "upgrade" every two years to get my money's worth out of those subsidized plans sent me down this path.

Yes, so far the nexus looks good and I am sure I will like it. To those who are having trouble comprehending android 2.3, consider this: you just purchased a phone that has no LTE capability. Tell me again who is so behind the times?

I feel as though, in some ways, I am taking a step backwards going to a nexus from my thunderbolt. I guess that is the price one pays to save some money.

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    In case anyone is interested......I'm a girl.
    ConTejas and MERCDROID like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by oberkc View Post
    I am coming from the thunderbolt and still like it. If I had a choice, I would continue to use it. But, my desire to move to an unlocked device, try a lower cost carrier, and avoid feeling like I have to "upgrade" every two years to get my money's worth out of those subsidized plans sent me down this path.

Yes, so far the nexus looks good and I am sure I will like it. To those who are having trouble comprehending android 2.3, consider this: you just purchased a phone that has no LTE capability. Tell me again who is so behind the times?

I feel as though, in some ways, I am taking a step backwards going to a nexus from my thunderbolt. I guess that is the price one pays to save some money.
    The N4 has LTE. Just on T-Mobile Canada and Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post

And soon USA!

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Going from a Thunderbolt to a N4 is a step backwards?! Thanks for the laugh, my friend. That's a good one!
    MERCDROID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post

No it doesn't. It is missing almost all of the hardware that is necessary. All it has is the radio.

No it doesn't. It is missing almost all of the hardware that is necessary. All it has is the radio.
    You've said a few times that it doesn't, but have you tried, personally?

It works for me in Canada on Telus & Koodo (essentially the same network) with no problems getting the same speeds as an iPhone 5 & Xperia Ion using the same carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    Going from a Thunderbolt to a N4 is a step backwards?! Thanks for the laugh, my friend. That's a good one!
    I'm assuming that comment was based solely on the lack of LTE support for the N4; it obviously blows the TB out of the water in every other way...but let's face it, if you've been used to Verizon 4G, it can be hard to go back to 3G speeds.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Dude all its missing is the code which u can input to turn lte on. Bottom line N4 users in mexico and Canada are using the same model everybody else got but with lte. Google it if u don't believe me. Its videos out too and soon T-Mobile users will also.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast