Divert a random call to voicemail "on the fly"

sellmarg

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
There was a thread that I can't locate that spoke about a "one button" technique to instantly reject/send an out of the blue call to voicemail - not just turn off the ringer, but divert it straight to voicemail. I don't need to customize settings, just be able to reject a call in one motion - the way you could with a 'feature phone' (aka dumb phone). Is it the power button, the volume up or the volume down? Thanks!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
PS: Volume down will silence the ringer, but will not immediately send the call to voicemail.

Use the swipe left procedure to do that.

anon1020562

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If you swipe to the left you decline the call, and the caller is sent to voice-mail after some number of rings; they don't even know you declined, as it will sound to them you simply didn't pick up. At least that's how it works if you use Google Voice.

Last edited:

sellmarg

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I live in the Northeast and was hoping I could use a button instead of touch & swipe - i.e., pulling out phone, taking off gloves and swipe. Or be able to discreetly reach in my pocket/purse without having to take the phone out in a dark movie theatre or meeting and avoid the groans & glares. I thought there was a way to bounce a caller straight into voice mail with a button, so the caller didn't have to go through the rings. I do use Google Voice, but was accustomed to just rejecting a call the 'old fashioned' way.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If you swipe to the right you decline the call, and the caller is sent to voice-mail after some number of rings; they don't even know you declined, as it will sound to them you simply didn't pick up. At least that's how it works if you use Google Voice.
You mean swipe left?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12