Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Charger

Just curious if anyone has come across defective chargers. Mine is "buzzing" quite loud...even when unplugging can still hear the buzz for about 10 seconds. Bad capacitor perhaps?

I assume the charger is covered under warranty as well? What is the easiest way to get a replacement?

Default Re: LG Charger

I think is normal mine does the same thing once i unplug my phone the buzzing starts again..i think is just holding the electricty back..i noticed after my phone fully charged the buzzing started again so.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I spoke with Google play support...says they haven't heard of the buzz being "normal". Mine does it even when not fully charged as well. Kind of a bummer though they would need to replace the whole device just to get a new charger. Not worth the hassle IMHO...will use my old Samsung one instead for now.

Quote Originally Posted by josegb2011 View Post
    I think is normal mine does the same thing once i unplug my phone the buzzing starts again..i think is just holding the electricty back..i noticed after my phone fully charged the buzzing started again so.

Global Posts
    1,997 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.1 Lollipop

I don't think that's normal. Mine doesn't do that and this is the first I've seen this brought up. I would buy a new charger just to be safe.

OP... simple question... ever have buzzing in any electrical device you've owned coming from its charger? (laptop, other cells, etc)...
    I doubt it and in a lifetime of devices I personally have not had a charger that buzzes normally. So of course it's not normal.

IMO I think the charger they provide are cheap from the posts about buzzing and slow charging.
    My charger after a month would start charging slow... 10% an hour most of the time, one eve only 15% overnight.
    Made me call google to report it and they sent me a replacement phone and charger.

Just got it last night and honestly glad I did call them... don't know about the new charger but I find the screen to be brighter than the original and battery life looks to be better.
    so win-win for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gcorliss View Post
    I don't think that's normal. Mine doesn't do that and this is the first I've seen this brought up. I would buy a new charger just to be safe.

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

My LG charger also buzzes and Google offered to RMA my phone as well as the charger as apparently Google is unable to simply RMA the charger.

As my N4 works well and I have no idea how a refurb will be, I declined their offer.

Dan

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

I haven't noticed any buzzing but the USB cable I got worked one time. The wall part is fine but the cable is shot. Luckily all my Samsung and Motorola cables work to charge and for data. Not worth getting a whole new phone just for a cable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't had that problem but one or two others here have reported the same issue.

replacements are not refrubs... brand new.

i wouldnt have had my phone replaced if it were a refurb for a silly charger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1431 View Post
    My LG charger also buzzes and Google offered to RMA my phone as well as the charger as apparently Google is unable to simply RMA the charger.

As my N4 works well and I have no idea how a refurb will be, I declined their offer.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by gcorliss View Post
    I bought this up last week in another thread about issues. There is buzzing in the charger it did this for the first two days haven't heard it since

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    PhoneJunkie

Galaxy Note 5 Unlocked (Gold Platinum) SM-N920I
    Iphone 6 Plus 128GB
    Nexus 6 (Blue) - Sold 8-31
    iPad Air 2 - Sold 8-31
    Thanked by:
    Greg C 

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.2

If I were yall, I would buy a handful of them off Ebay for a buck each. They aren't the greatest chargers, but they work just fine from my experience.
    10:15 philnickinson: Thanks, everybody. You all kick serious ***.

Follow me on Twitter!