HELP - Nexus 4 call log issue with international calling card

tesebas

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
So bought a Nexus 4. And I am so upset with one major issue with this phone: it's inability to properly record calling card numbers. I dial internationally a lot, and my phone company provided me with an access number. So all my outbound calls look something like this: 1 800 xxx xxxx , 011 xx xxx xxx xxxxx #

Now, if I dial ten different numbers (already stored in my contacts), the call log or history shows only the access number (the 1 800 number) ten times!!! I have tried this on a Samsung Galaxy S3, on a Samsung Galaxy Blaze, and they all have this problem. I also have an HTC One S, and some old HTC MyTouch and they DO NOT have this problem! An older LG Optimus T HAS this issue. What the heck?!?!

I have tried multiple dialers, and none can handle this properly. I have researched forums as much as I could, and it seems that this is a somewhat common issue with Google Voice calls... I have reached to Google and this is what they said:

"I understand you are having an issue using a calling card for international calls and not having them present in your call log. As of right now there is no current workaround for that and I apologize for the inconvenience. We frequently share customer feedback with our development team and will be sure to pass along your input."
and when I asked if this will ever be fixed:
"It is a known issue and there a solution to the problem is currently being worked on. Unfortunately I do not know when a solution will be available so I can't advise you whether it would be a good idea to return the device or not. If I can assist you further please let me know. Once again sorry for the inconvenience."

I fail to understand how this MAJOR FLAW can exist in the phone that promises to put "the world?s information at my fingertips", and yet, it cannot perform something as basic as remembering the very international calls it made...

Is there something I can do? Install? Am I stuck with HTC? Should I thus take a leap of faith and keep the Nexus 4 hoping for a fix to this problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37