Help with Google Voice

Angelino

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I just received my nexus 4 and hooked it up to simple mobile. I know i cant make my phones voice mail GV due to T-Mobile pre paid not allowing this. My Issue is what happens when people call my GV Number. The GV number rings my phone and if i do not touch my phone it goes to GVoicemail after a few rings. If i ignore the call it goes to no voice mail and asks the called to enter a phone number. I can answer and make calls using the GV number if that info is needed. I just cant figure out why if i let the call ring untill it stops it goes to google voicemail but when i hit the red button and ignore the call it sends it to no wheres land. Thanks for any and all help.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It's easy to use your GV voicemail on Tmo. All you have to do is call up Tmo and tell them you want your Tmo voicemail service turned off. They'll do it, then when someone calls your GV number, of you don't answer, it goes to GV voicemail. The only problem you could have from this is if you give someone your actual Tmo phone number. Then if you didn;t answer, there would be no voicemail to pick up the call. But giving someone your actual number would defeat the purpose of having GV.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what 'simple mobile' is (maybe the same as Tmo ??) But If you had them disable your phone's voicemail, and Google voice voicemail isn't picking up when you miss or ignore a call then it sounds like you might have some setting set in Google voice that disabled or turned off your GV voicemail.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just received my nexus 4 and hooked it up to simple mobile. I know i cant make my phones voice mail GV due to T-Mobile pre paid not allowing this. My Issue is what happens when people call my GV Number. The GV number rings my phone and if i do not touch my phone it goes to GVoicemail after a few rings. If i ignore the call it goes to no voice mail and asks the called to enter a phone number. I can answer and make calls using the GV number if that info is needed. I just cant figure out why if i let the call ring untill it stops it goes to google voicemail but when i hit the red button and ignore the call it sends it to no wheres land. Thanks for any and all help.

As an FYI Solavei (a different prepaid T-Mobile MVNO) supports conditional call forwarding - so you can easily set up GV to work for both your sim number and GV number - I'm set up this way. I've been happy with them.

I just did a test of using the red button on a call. It went to GV voicemail normally. In my GV account I'm set to also forward to chat (I have an obihai100)- I don't know if that makes a difference.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
As an FYI Solavei (a different prepaid T-Mobile MVNO) supports conditional call forwarding - so you can easily set up GV to work for both your sim number and GV number - I'm set up this way. I've been happy with them.

I just did a test of using the red button on a call. It went to GV voicemail normally. In my GV account I'm set to also forward to chat (I have an obihai100)- I don't know if that makes a difference.

Please explain why you have forward to chat set.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

You can talk on your pc like a speaker phone via your gmail page - or do like I do and hook up a headset mic and use it as an office desk phone. SOund quality is better than cellular most of the time! I love it! I don't ever use my N4 when at my desk.

I think the tie in will allow GV to answer your calls more directly?

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I have "forward to chat" checked because I have an obi100. It is a VOIP bridge that plugs into my home network and a regular home phone. When someone calls my GV number my Nexus and my home phone ring at the same time. This only works with "forward to chat" checked. I only mentioned it because other than being on an MVNO that is GV friendly I didn't know where our settings might be different. I have no idea if it could make a difference for the OP.

Examiner19

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I already had Simple Mobile turn off voicemail. Still everytime i ignore a call it goes to no wheres ville.

Maybe, instead of hitting ignore (red button), just hit "volume down." That will stop the ringing, not try to force voicemail, and let GV have it go to voicemail on its own.

Angelino

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe, instead of hitting ignore (red button), just hit "volume down." That will stop the ringing, not try to force voicemail, and let GV have it go to voicemail on its own.

This is what i have to do. but if im doing something on my phone and just hit the power button so i dont see it ringing, i still have to wait like 30 sec for it to end the call and go to voice mail. I have been triple checking all the settings and im just not sure whats happening. Voicemail works fine when i dont answer a call but everytime i ignore it, it does not work.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
This is what i have to do. but if im doing something on my phone and just hit the power button so i dont see it ringing, i still have to wait like 30 sec for it to end the call and go to voice mail. I have been triple checking all the settings and im just not sure whats happening. Voicemail works fine when i dont answer a call but everytime i ignore it, it does not work.

I am on tmo prepaid with cancelled voicemail services, and I have noticed the same thing. Hitting the power button will get people to the gv voicemail vs. hitting ignore sending it to no man's land.

Angelino

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am on tmo prepaid with cancelled voicemail services, and I have noticed the same thing. Hitting the power button will get people to the gv voicemail vs. hitting ignore sending it to no man's land.

Sorry to hear I am not the only one with this issue.

yhide

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. I have prepaid T-Mobile and I turned off the voicemail. If I select the ignore call function the voicemail doesn't work

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
We just have to get use to hitting the power button instead of the ignore button. Annoying yes, but I can deal with it.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Do any of you have ring to chat checked? I've been thinking about this and it might make a difference for you because even if you dismiss the call on your phone it still goes through a full "ring cycle" somewhere else. It might be worth testing.

Angelino

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you have forward when busy, unreachable and unanswered in the forwarding settings on your phone?
Yes, but T-Mobile Pre-Paid does not allow you to foward, when ever i try to change the settings it says carrier does not allow this or this is not recognized. Whats weird is its set to forward to a number that is not my GV number or my T-Mobile number.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a similar question for Google Voice. If anyone previously had Sprint you know that they have some type of Google voice integration. My question is before I cancel my sprint service and go T-Mobile prepaid can I use the Sprint GV integration to change my number to Google Voice for free and avoid the $20 it costs to port your number to Google Voice. Blah, I hope that made sense, I'm researching the info now but thought I'd ask you guys.

Another question, if I make my Sprint number my GV number, when I cancel my Sprint service will it cancel my GV number (because of the integration)? Basically I want to make my Sprint number my GV number so that if I decide to switch to another prepaid carrier I can keep my number.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I ported to GV from Sprint and paid the $20 - I wasn't offered a discount. I never even considered looking into it. As an FYI, I never set up the integration when I was with Sprint.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a similar question for Google Voice. If anyone previously had Sprint you know that they have some type of Google voice integration. My question is before I cancel my sprint service and go T-Mobile prepaid can I use the Sprint GV integration to change my number to Google Voice for free and avoid the $20 it costs to port your number to Google Voice. Blah, I hope that made sense, I'm researching the info now but thought I'd ask you guys.

Another question, if I make my Sprint number my GV number, when I cancel my Sprint service will it cancel my GV number (because of the integration)? Basically I want to make my Sprint number my GV number so that if I decide to switch to another prepaid carrier I can keep my number.

Finally found the answer, it seems you cannot do that. You must pay the $20 to have your sprint number become your permanent GV number. If you do it through the integration you will lose your Sprint number (or whatever carriers number) when you cancel the plan. Looks like I'll just use my current free Google voice number, GV does not support porting from my area.

[Q] Canceling Sprint Contract = Canceled Integrated Google Voice Number? (Upgrade) - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX