WIFI Issue

jonchill

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Since receiving my phone I've noticed that the WIFI connectivity is causing me problems.

First off the signal strength is only showing between 1 & 2 bars whereas my Laptop would show 4 to 5 bars and my old HTC Desire would show 3 to 4 bars, can this be adjusted at all as at times in the house where I would get a signal with my Desire the Nexus is dropping it altogether?

Also I've noticed issues with the WIFI connecting once in the house, yesterday for instance once home from work it wouldn't connect at all, it displayed the SSID for my WIFI correctly so I ended up having to reboot the phone then it picked up straight away?

Any help or ideas?

Thanks

Jon

wewewi

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
One thing I noticed is the very poor performance on the 5ghz band.
Those 2 access points are actually from the same Netgear N750 router, which is rated 300mbps@2.4ghz and 450mbps@5ghz.
Go figure.
8453131942_9c7bc79026.jpg

Does anyone has this kind of readings?!

Oh, and I like the bug when you take photospheres.. Now that's a plunge!!
..But it stays at the same % level for a really long time after that.. weird.
8454625159_8c1a862a0f.jpg

jonchill

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, is there anyway of disabling the 5Ghz as I would prefer a decent 2.4 connection than a poor 5. I use 5Ghz for streaming so can't disable it on the router.

wewewi

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I use 5Ghz for streaming so can't disable it on the router.

Well, if this is your problem, the 2.4 and 5ghz must appear as 2 different SSID's like me;
Then just click the on 5ghz one and select "forget" (the password, that is). It'll always connect on the 2.4ghz and you should have a more stable connection.

Hope it helps!

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, is there anyway of disabling the 5Ghz as I would prefer a decent 2.4 connection than a poor 5. I use 5Ghz for streaming so can't disable it on the router.

You need to make the SSID of each band different so the phone will see both. Then connect to the 2.4Ghz network. I just added 2.4 and 5 labels to my SSIDs and can see them both on all my devices.

jonchill

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I've now noticed a different WIFI issue, if I WIFI enabled but its not connected to an SSID but there are SSID's broadcasting it will try and put any data over the WIFI even with it not being connected, the only way I can get it to send data over GSM is to turn off WIFI altogether which is a pain as I don't want to have to do this every time I leave home.

Is there a way of forcing data over GSM with WIFI enabled but not connected?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000