Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back speaker behaviors

Hi guys,

I've a nexus 4 since a few days now.. What a don't like is that the back speaker makes some noise when an app is using it but I've set the volume to zero.. I think it should powered off completely and not just lowered the volume.. Another thing is that when an app starts using the back speaker it makes a "tick" like when you pull the cable off from an amplifier..
    Have you noticed this too? The sound is easy to notice when you've no sounds around..

Best

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default R: Back speaker behaviors

Anyone?

Default Re: R: Back speaker behaviors

I can't duplicate it, and it doesn't sound normal. I'd RMA the phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the reply, yeah it doesn't sound normal... I think I'll wait for Rev 12 to come out just to have the latest version.. In case they do a full replace..

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The only thing that make me think is that the click I hear when an app starts using the back speaker I've heard just in bed with no sound around.. Usually I never notice it.. And it also doesn't show everytime..

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Just tried to reproduce the issue and it does every time you start a YouTube video with the volume to zero.. It seems it's the sounds of the speaker being powered on.. Not that hard to notice..

On my 4th replacement. The first one was touch screen issues(I believe rev_10), the other 3 has this issue stated above(rev_11). For example when you click on the home button while the rear speaker is near your ear (make sure it's on vibrate or you might hurt your ear) you will hear a "hissing" noise (The hissing noise last for about 3 seconds then you can try it again). Then sometimes it will make a "pop/tick" noise from this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lienfx View Post
    On my 4th replacement. The first one was touch screen issues(I believe rev_10), the other 3 has this issue stated above(rev_11). For example when you click on the home button while the rear speaker is near your ear (make sure it's on vibrate or you might hurt your ear) you will hear a "hissing" noise (The hissing noise last for about 3 seconds then you can try it again). Then sometimes it will make a "pop/tick" noise from this issue.
    The poping sound occurs when i am on a skype call or video call. It shuts down my mic completely and thats it.... I wonder if a factory restart or revert to older 4.1 would work instead of RMAing (Return Merchandise Authorization) the phone.

Default Re: Back speaker behaviors

Quote Originally Posted by antonakist View Post
    The poping sound occurs when i am on a skype call or video call. It shuts down my mic completely and thats it.... I wonder if a factory restart or revert to older 4.1 would work instead of RMAing (Return Merchandise Authorization) the phone.
    All the devices I had was on 4.1.1/4.1.2 then upgraded to 4.2.2 afterwards and they had the same issue on both. One of them was rooted and had to restore to stock. Still had the issue.