Conspiracy or mistake?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So ever since the N4 launch it has been rather difficult to find the Nexus 4 on tmobiles website (let alone find it in supply). The only way I had found success before was be either finding an ad or searching for it by typing the name in their search bar. If you simply go to all android phones the device does not pop up. Intially it popped up by clicking google as the manufacturer, but now that option is grayed out ( go ahead and try to click it if you dont believe me but at the time of this writing, you cant click it Smartphones | 4G Phones | Compare Smartphones & 4G Phones | T-Mobile)
Then if you simply ask to list all android devices on one page, or search each page one by one, you will not find the Nexus 4 anywhere.
In fact the only way I was able to find the device was by ( wait for it.......) Unclicking the Android tab for device OS. Yes that is correct you have to deselect Android as the OS in order to find the NEXUS 4 as a available phone option. Isnt that weird? So I figured I would ask other peoples opinions on it. I think it could be a mistake since tmobile kind of fudged up other things with the Nexus 4 (No, T-Mobile, your Nexus 4 doesn't have a microSD card either | Android Central), but I mean.... the Nexus not listed as a Andorid device on tmobiles website? I was thinking maybe they dont want to sell the damn thing (similiar to the Verizon Wirelss fiasco with GNex) but maybe Im just reading too far into it
Fact is, the layman who wishes to buy a new android phone through tmobile will never find the Nexus 4 unless he went to the page knowing exactly what phone he wanted.

What do you guys think?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
its probably a mistake. why wouldnt they want to sell more phones with 2 year contract.

the explanation i could come up with is Android 4.2 is a new and only latest OS for t-mobile phones and their website might had a glitch

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
its probably a mistake. why wouldnt they want to sell more phones with 2 year contract.

the explanation i could come up with is Android 4.2 is a new and only latest OS for t-mobile phones and their website might had a glitch

Exactly! I would think they would want to sell it. It probably is a mistake, but I dont quite understand your explanation for the glitch.

Even still if it is a glitch, the phone has been out since november, and the site hasnt changed, or fixed the mistake

Noncon

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they stopped selling it for a while, since it makes almost no sense to purchase it from T-Mobile while it is in stock in the Play store.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've never had that issue. I've checked multiple times and all you had to do was click 'smart phones' then 'see all on one page' and it would be there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt that T-Mobile doesn't want to sell it. I've seen various ads online and at T-Mobile stores, and they have the phone on display at all T-Mobile stores I've been to. As others have said, it's probably a mistake.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they stopped selling it for a while, since it makes almost no sense to purchase it from T-Mobile while it is in stock in the Play store.

Some people would rather pay less up front even if it means paying more over the life of the contract. 200, or 50 until the 18th is less than $300. Some also just do it because a contract is what they have always done. Habit is a damnable thing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Some people would rather pay less up front even if it means paying more over the life of the contract. 200, or 50 until the 18th is less than $300. Some also just do it because a contract is what they have always done. Habit is a damnable thing.

And there's perks you get with the contract that you can't get with prepaid. (Like insurance, roaming, corporate discounts, etc)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
And there's perks you get with the contract that you can't get with prepaid. (Like insurance, roaming, corporate discounts, etc)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

You can get insurance on all the plans from what I've seen. I can get it for $7 a month with my $60 monthly 4g plan.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You can get insurance on all the plans from what I've seen. I can get it for $7 a month with my $60 monthly 4g plan.

That's weird, because the t-mobile person I talked to said I couldn't. It would be great if I could though.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

this only applies if you purchase the Nexus four directly through T Mobile. If you purchase the Nexus four to the play store you will not be able to qualify for the insurance I tried it and it was a no go

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
this only applies if you purchase the Nexus four directly through T Mobile. If you purchase the Nexus four to the play store you will not be able to qualify for the insurance I tried it and it was a no go

Did you do the monthly 4g? It gave Mr the option when I activated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So ever since the N4 launch it has been rather difficult to find the Nexus 4 on tmobiles website (let alone find it in supply). The only way I had found success before was be either finding an ad or searching for it by typing the name in their search bar. If you simply go to all android phones the device does not pop up. Intially it popped up by clicking google as the manufacturer, but now that option is grayed out ( go ahead and try to click it if you dont believe me but at the time of this writing, you cant click it Smartphones | 4G Phones | Compare Smartphones & 4G Phones | T-Mobile)
Then if you simply ask to list all android devices on one page, or search each page one by one, you will not find the Nexus 4 anywhere.
In fact the only way I was able to find the device was by ( wait for it.......) Unclicking the Android tab for device OS. Yes that is correct you have to deselect Android as the OS in order to find the NEXUS 4 as a available phone option. Isnt that weird? So I figured I would ask other peoples opinions on it. I think it could be a mistake since tmobile kind of fudged up other things with the Nexus 4 (No, T-Mobile, your Nexus 4 doesn't have a microSD card either | Android Central), but I mean.... the Nexus not listed as a Andorid device on tmobiles website? I was thinking maybe they dont want to sell the damn thing (similiar to the Verizon Wirelss fiasco with GNex) but maybe Im just reading too far into it
Fact is, the layman who wishes to buy a new android phone through tmobile will never find the Nexus 4 unless he went to the page knowing exactly what phone he wanted.

What do you guys think?

Simply there is more profit in selling the other subsidized devices.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
What you don't believe they work to sell the high profit devices before the low profit ones?

Didn't say that. I am sure they try. Just wondering if your statement of "fact" was based on anything other than assumptions and personal observations.

Until we get some kind of print out that shows

1) The profit a carrier makes from a device and

2) the commission paid to a salesperson for each device,

then they are just assumptions.

The commission/profit on the iPhone could be the smallest of all phones, still wouldn't stop them from selling a crap ton. Your "simply put" fact wouldn't prove, or even follow from, the large sales in that case. Following your logic they should hide all the links and push other phones and the sales of the iPhone would be the lowest of all phones. Driving the sales would be Apple marketing and customer demand/request that would be independent of the profit margin to the carrier.

You also seem to implicitly assume, for your statement to be correct, that the carrier can choose which phone people buy, which is not always the case. Salesmen can be pushy but one does not have to follow their recommendations. If one did, sales would be in direct relation to unit profitability.

Not saying anything about any phones profit, just saying you cannot look at sales as the only indicator of an individual units profitability. Doing so can easily lead to bad assumptions.

Not saying you are wrong, they might indeed make more on other devices. I am just saying you are wrong to assert something assumed from a fact that cannot, by itself, support your assumption. Internet logic. Simply put.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay