Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree60Likes

Default Re: Nexus 4 Best Apps [21Mar - Google Keep]

Quote Originally Posted by Rizy7 View Post
    I would say Titanium Backup is a must for any rooted device. Greenify is extremely useful as it safely hibernates apps that you are not using but always seem to run in the background. Trickster Mod is also essential if you want to mess with kernel settings etc. It is non specific like the other apps that are made just for a specific kernel so can be used with pretty much any kernel. Goo manager is useful if you like flashing roms as most are available on goo. Xposed Framework is becoming extremely popular as we can run stock and choose exactly what features we want without having to flash roms that may have excess features we are not interested in.

Also, you may find many of your existing apps will become for functional with root access such as ES file explorer which is useful if you need to get into system files.
    Thanks for your selections. I'm looking forward to learning the procedures. Right now it's information gathering mode. Again, thanks.
    Stock Android on N4, N5, N7
    "........another day on the farm!"
    Bob W.

Default Re: Nexus 4 Best Apps [28Dec - Xposed Framework, Gravity Box, XblastTools & AppOpsXposed]

About Xposed, will any of the mods used with that app hinder OTA updates? Is there a simple way to return the modifications made back to stock just in case it does hinder the OTA process?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Nexus 4 Best Apps [28Dec - Xposed Framework, Gravity Box, XblastTools & AppOpsXposed]

Just uncheck the module, install the ota and recheck it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Nexus 4 Best Apps [21Mar - Google Keep]

Quote Originally Posted by Rizy7 View Post
    Rooted Apps:

- Allows users to make changes at system level by activating modules that allow for extra options/customization without having to flash a ROM.

, - Popular Xposed modules with a ton of features including statusbar, lockscreen, navigation and other phone tweaks.

- Xposed module that restores AppOps functionality on Android 4.4.2
    I installed Xposed Framework and have been playing around with a handful of the modules...........Xblast Tools, GravityBox, and XuiMod. There's a ton of customization in those three mods. Thanks for the heads up!
    Stock Android on N4, N5, N7
    "........another day on the farm!"
    Bob W.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678