What carrier are you using with your Nexus 4? (US)

What carrier are you using with your Nexus 4?

• Total voters

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious to find out what carriers people are using. If you can't answer all the questions, please at least answer the poll. Thanks.
What carrier, whether postpaid or prepaid, are you using with your Nexus 4? Why are you using this carrier, and, if applicable, what plan from this carrier are you using? Please note that this poll only applies to people in the US, as few of these carriers service other countries.
I'm currently using T-Mobile's $30 prepaid 100 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data (with 5 GB of 4G) plan, but I'm considering switching to Solavei.

ShashankNegi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious to find out what carriers people are using. If you can't answer all the questions, please at least answer the poll. Thanks.
What carrier, whether postpaid or prepaid, are you using with your Nexus 4? Why are you using this carrier, and, if applicable, what plan from this carrier are you using? Please note that this poll only applies to people in the US, as few of these carriers service other countries.
I'm currently using T-Mobile's $30 prepaid 100 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data (with 5 GB of 4G) plan, but I'm considering switching to Solavei.
Im using AT&T but im switching to the plan you have. Its better than like $80/month

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Solavei (and so is my husband. We both have Nexus 4's. ) On the T-Mobile network I thought it was the best value - I need more than 100 minutes. I like a clearly defined plan. $49 for unlimited talk / text / data. The data isn't throttled until 4GB.

I'm also intrigued by their referral program.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mmtowns

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Giving iWireless (regional T-Mo affiliate) a try for the first month. Coverage at home and work isn't as great as I had hoped, so planning to switch to ST AT&T next month.

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Im using solavei and I like it a lot so far. Basically the same service as tmobile. Better than ST ATT in NYC because they don't throttle you when you use a little bit of data.

anuswax

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I just signed up for Solavei for the same reasons already mentioned. Originally was going to use tmobiles $30 plan but want to drop home phone so needed more than 100 minutes.

To help fellow AC members, I made sure to sign up under a members network [edited by moderator].

Last edited by a moderator:

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
If none of the T-Mobile or its MVNO plans will work for you, and you're having trouble with Straight Talk's at&t plan, I found this other AT&T MVNO Black Wireless:

http://www.blackwireless.com/Plans.aspx

They have an unlimited talk and text with 2GB data plan for $60. This isn't a recommendation, obviously, since I've never used them myself.

PS. here's a more complete list of MVNOs:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators#section_1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Garrett92C

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't have my Nexus 4 yet (it's waiting to ship from the Play store), but I already planned what I'm going to do.

Current plan: T-Mobile Classic; 500 mins, unlimited SMS, 5gb data; ~$90/month
Next plan: T-Mobile Monthly 4G; 100 minutes, unlimited SMS, 5gb data; Google Voice; $30/month

I'm going with T-Mobile Monthly 4G because their service is excellent in my area, I save tons of money, and I'm not tied to a contract. I'm porting my number to Google Voice so I can easily switch between different prepaid carriers if need be.

ErickMendez

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I Got My Nexus 4 Just Waiting On Activation Kit From T-Mobile.

Plan: 30$ Monthly 4G
(100 min , Unlimited 4g Throttles at 5gb and unlimited text)

Coming From: Boost Mobile

It's ideal for me because I use a lot of data and text ... Plus its Cheap As F*** !

Pure Google 4.2.1 Nexus 4

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I signed on to Solavei to use my brand new Nexus 4. I'm loving this phone but the T-Mobile device off of solavei is only so so in my area. I dropped Verizon just to get the N4. Overall I'm happy after about 4 days use and I guess getting the service I kind of expected. I used T-Mobile several years ago before getting VZ.

dixonge

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I already started another thread on this, but - how the hell are you signing up for the T-Mobile prepaid plan w/ your Nexus 4? I can't figure out how to simply get a SIM from them! I've been given the run-around from both Walmart and T-Mobile reps now...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
ATT LTE unlimited data plan with 450 minutes which is a lot since mobile to mobile are free and so are the weekends. I have been with att since 1996 and it works well in my hometown (DFW) and home state of Texas. In fact I am using my N4 while on spring break this week from Horseshoe Bay, Texas and my wife's t mobile S3 has no data service. Not trying to slam t mobile just stating the facts.

I have a Note 2 as my daily driver but decided to play around with my Nexus 4 on vacation since this area does not have LTE. (No LTE for my Verizon iPhone 5 either which is my work phone).

Sent from my Nexus 4

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Tmobile family value plan. 5gb with hotspot. Speeds are variable depending on area. But so far so good in the city. Been with tmo since early 2000

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have my Solavei SIM card waiting for my Nexus 4 to get here. I'll report back how it is working for me, but it seemed like a great deal. The referral program seems... out of the ordinary, but beyond that it passes the smell test with flying colors.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I already started another thread on this, but - how the hell are you signing up for the T-Mobile prepaid plan w/ your Nexus 4? I can't figure out how to simply get a SIM from them! I've been given the run-around from both Walmart and T-Mobile reps now...

Are your trying directly to sign on to TMobile for their prepaid. I'm signed on to the TMobile network via Solavei. I read in some other thread though that the network coverage via Solavei is not as good in some areas com paired to direct TMobile. P

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It would have been more informative if you had broken down the poll for Straight Talk as follows:

Straight Talk (with T-mobile)
Straight Talk (with AT&T)

srmoreno

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site

I ordered the T-Mobile micro sim card directly off T-Mobile's web site for $1.07 (thats with shipping included). It arrived in the mail two days later. Then I activated it online for the 30 dollar plan on T-Mobile's website...

Click the link below to go to the sim card page

Prepaid Phones | Pay as You Go Prepaid Cell Phones | T-Mobile

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the T-Mobile $30 Prepaid plan (100m, unl text/web) coming from Sprints previous $80/month bill (that was with a 24% emp discount).

I'm using this plan for the following reasons
A) It is saving me $50/month
B) With the money I'm saving, I will have paid for the phone within 7 months. (50x7 = $350)
C) Sprint's speeds were HORRIBLE!!
D) Surprisingly I get MUCH better speeds on a $30 plan vs an $80 (Whodathunkit?)
E) I text a lot more than I talk
F) If I do go over my minutes it's only .10c/min, or I could just use an app.

I just finished my first complete month on the plan and haven't had any problems. I'm really liking it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci