1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life.

Wondering what kind of battery life people are getting on their nexus 4. Whether on wifi or hspa+ and what kind of screen on time u are getting. Here are my latest times pretty much all on WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1360499897733.jpg   Battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1360499905466.jpg   Battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1360499912889.jpg  

Default Re: Battery life.

I'm not getting anywhere near that kind of battery performance.

For some reason I'm consistently seeing Android OS using more of my battery than my screen. I need to read more forum posts to see what people have done about this.

I'm a moderate user and I turn off Wi-Fi while at the office

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1360625854586.jpg   Battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1360625900062.jpg  

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    Wondering what kind of battery life people are getting on their nexus 4. Whether on wifi or hspa+ and what kind of screen on time u are getting. Here are my latest times pretty much all on WiFi.

Wow. I'm at 41%, 13hrs on charge, and only 1hr 17 minuets of screen time. Battery seems to have gotten worse for me the last few days

Quote Originally Posted by n3wDaddy77 View Post

For some reason I'm consistently seeing Android OS using more of my battery than my screen. I need to read more forum posts to see what people have done about this.

I noticed today that like you Google+ was using a lot of battery, just under 10% for me, and I never use it so I force closed it. Hopefully that will help my battery life. Also maps is the biggest killer of my battery at 18%, hardly ever use maps, so I'm thinking its Google Now keeping maps active.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Wow. I'm at 41%, 13hrs on charge, and only 1hr 17 minuets of screen time. Battery seems to have gotten worse for me the last few days

I noticed today that like you Google+ was using a lot of battery, just under 10% for me, and I never use it so I force closed it. Hopefully that will help my battery life. Also maps is the biggest killer of my battery at 18%, hardly ever use maps, so I'm thinking its Google Now keeping maps active.
    If you go into maps>settings>location settings and disable report from this device it should help with the maps problem. Also remember my battery life was on WiFi only. If I'm using just HSPA+ I get only about 10hours and 2.5-3hrs screen on time

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life.-uploadfromtaptalk1360632632035.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    chubb 

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Will have to give that a shot. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by n3wDaddy77 View Post

You've had your phone on for 21 hours and still have 20 something percent charge left? By definition your battery is behaving perfectly, stop stressing!

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    If you go into maps>settings>location settings and disable report from this device it should help with the maps problem. Also remember my battery life was on WiFi only. If I'm using just HSPA+ I get only about 10hours and 2.5-3hrs screen on time

If you do this I believe when you open google maps it will not locate your current location. Someone correct me if I am wrong.