Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Hello everyone, i just got my nexus 4 and i got two problems with it and i belive the two problems are Android-Related,

    I guess the 1st one everybody talked about which is the Pulse Notification light, i tried the Light Flow app and it works great except for Whatsapp, anyway it should have worked without any extra apps.

    The 2nd one is the Charging Indicator which is the Icon that shows the battery is charging, isnt that suppose to disappear when the battery is fully charged?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks everyone.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    I use LightFlow to control all my LED Notifications & it works great.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspro View Post
    The 2nd one is the Charging Indicator which is the Icon that shows the battery is charging, isnt that suppose to disappear when the battery is fully charged?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks everyone.
    No, it doesn't disappear. It's just full up. It kind of works like a bar graph: when it's half full the battery icon is half colored in.

    If you can get to the quick settings (swipe from the top, press the button that looks like a grid and a picture on the upper right hand corner) you'll see an expanded battery icon that will tell you the percent charged. If it's fully charged, it will say "Charged."

    Hope that helps.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    I don't have to install apps to control my LED.. In WhatsApp settings you would find options to change the color for each type of messages.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by Omar_Saleh View Post
    I don't have to install apps to control my LED.. In WhatsApp settings you would find options to change the color for each type of messages.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Yes i've done that but it doesn't work with the Nexus!!!!!!!!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by AFM1204 View Post
    No, it doesn't disappear. It's just full up. It kind of works like a bar graph: when it's half full the battery icon is half colored in.

    If you can get to the quick settings (swipe from the top, press the button that looks like a grid and a picture on the upper right hand corner) you'll see an expanded battery icon that will tell you the percent charged. If it's fully charged, it will say "Charged."

    Hope that helps.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Well, thanks for your help, but i meant the lightning symbol that appears over the battery bar when is charging, i guess that should disappear when it's fully charged, otherwise maybe that phones doesn't stop charging when its 100% charge!!
    And the Pulse notification light, doesn't work with Whatsapp with Light Flow or without it, and i think it should also work when the phone is charging while its turned off which it doesnt also!
  7. #7  
    Rizy7's Avatar

    Posts
    643 Posts
    ROM
    LiquidSmooth

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspro View Post
    Yes i've done that but it doesn't work with the Nexus!!!!!!!!!
    Before I installed lightflow the whatsapp notification lights used to work, since installing lightflow, the notification light never works when i get a whatsapp message
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Well i guess Andorid has this problems even before the Jelly Bean and the nexus, coz i had this two problems with ICS with my previous phone!!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    I figured that with light flow you gotta go with the paid version to get much much more apps support like whatsapp, anyway i didn't expect to pay to make the led notification work!!!!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspro View Post
    I figured that with light flow you gotta go with the paid version to get much much more apps support like whatsapp,...
    Ya, the Lite version version's limitations are listed on the Play Store. Paid version give support for hundreds more.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  
    chubb's Avatar

    Posts
    873 Posts
    Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspro View Post
    Well, thanks for your help, but i meant the lightning symbol that appears over the battery bar when is charging, i guess that should disappear when it's fully charged, otherwise maybe that phones doesn't stop charging when its 100% charge!!
    No it does not disappear. The lightning symbol is there to let you know that it is charging or connected to a power source. Easy way to show at a glance that the cable is plugged in. If you have your wall adapter plugged in behind or underneath something, like a desk, you won't see if it gets unplugged by accident, so it shows that symbol so you know as soon as you plug it in that it's good to go. Hope that makes sense.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspro View Post
    Well, thanks for your help, but i meant the lightning symbol that appears over the battery bar when is charging, i guess that should disappear when it's fully charged, otherwise maybe that phones doesn't stop charging when its 100% charge!!
    And the Pulse notification light, doesn't work with Whatsapp with Light Flow or without it, and i think it should also work when the phone is charging while its turned off which it doesnt also!
    To expand on the above posters point:
    When your device is plugged into a power source adequate for charging it runs the device off the incoming current and uses whats left to charge the battery. When the battery is full it will display "Charged" under the battery sub-menu from settings. At this point the device continues to use the incoming current to run the device discontinues charging the battery till it drops to a preset % then goes back into charging mode. So if your Nexus4 has the symbol even while not plugged into a power source then return it the battery maybe defective.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Hi I am planning to buy one Android smart phone of 16GB internal memory with Quad core processor. My budget is around $400 to 425.

    Suggest me whether I can go for Nexus4 or Samsung S3
  14. #14  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Quote Originally Posted by gkrcym View Post
    Hi I am planning to buy one Android smart phone of 16GB internal memory with Quad core processor. My budget is around $400 to 425.

    Suggest me whether I can go for Nexus4 or Samsung S3
    Dollar for dollar nothing delivers the features of the Nexus 4. Nothing.
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
  15. #15  

    Default Re: 2 Problems with my new Nexus 4!

    Check out LightManager, you can add any app you want.

Similar Threads

  1. problem with my new micro sd card. please help!
    By mitz85 in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2013, 10:17 AM
  2. No problems with my Galaxy Nexus. Anyone else?
    By VW Maverick in forum Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 12:54 PM
  3. Weird problem during a long phone call with my Galaxy Nexus
    By ychanus in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 08:27 AM
  4. my problems with the new update, anyone else?
    By xscraper in forum LG Optimus S
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 01:20 AM
  5. screen problems with my new captivate
    By darkhelmet in forum AT&T Captivate
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 12:25 PM

Posting Permissions