1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keyboard Layout

Does anyone know how i can get a comma on my main keypad while writing a text?

As the only way i can get one is by holding down the dot key.

Thanks

Default Re: Keyboard Layout

hit the number & punctuation {?123} key, the comma is lower left next to the "shift" key {ABC}
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Bartram View Post

Thanks
    you could try out the PC layout in the keyboard which will have comma in the main keyboard.

Go to Settings/Language & input and then touch the settings Sliders next to ‘Android keyboard.’ Next, touch ‘Advanced settings’ and touch ‘Custom input styles.’ It will say Deutsch and Francais, but you can ignore that. Touch ‘Add Style’ near the upper right. Then select your language and change the layout from QWERTY to ‘PC’ or one of the other styles. Now touch ‘Add’ and you’ll see your new style appear in the list. Touch ‘Enable’ and use the back key to go back to the Language & input screen. Now touch ‘Input languages’ near the top and uncheck ‘Use system language.’ Lastly, touch ‘English (US) (PC)’ and you’re done.
    Thanked by 2:

Works like a charm. The PC keyboard is s bit tight but the comma id's there.

why would you not get a Nexus device?
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16)

Global Posts
    3,248 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Bartram View Post

Thanks
    Use swiftkey3 and the shortcuts are all right there on the first keyboard page.
    rxr

Thanks still1.
    Now I get the comma, exclamation. quote etc., symbols used when writing ENGLISH, quite easily on my Nexus 4!!

Do you have the voice typing turned on? If so, go into the keyboard settings and turn it off or put it on the symbols section and the common should then be put on the main keyboard.

Posted via Android Central App