My 1 week old Nexus 4 won't turn on

MickeyMouse12345

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey..

At first I would love to point out, that I am using a case and screen protector since day 1. I am being extremely careful, did NOT drop the phone. No scratches, ..nothing.
I have it for about 10days now.

I was in the kitchen, the phone was on the table, I went to check it out but it was off. Thought that it ran out of battery, so plugged it in and nothing.
Tried holding the power button for 20secs..after that period of time a LED light orange/red at the botton of the phone flashed once.
Tried holding volume buttons + power button...same result..nothing else.

Getting really worried. Going to leave it on the charger for the whole night and try again in the morning.....
If anyone has any idea what to do with it.
Really appreciate your help.

Regards Mickey

Robert Johnson7

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine for about 2 months. Same problem though out of nowhere. They are sending me a new one.

Here's what sucks. The will NOT ship it overnight which seems absurd to me. So i won't have a phone for 5 days.

Ridiculous.

MickeyMouse12345

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh man that sucks...
Anyway, appreciate your help...I am calmer now knowing, that this is not my fault and that I did not do anything wrong.

Thanks...and hope you get your phone soon.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Here's how one solved it (from the xda thread):

this happened to my phone today while running antutu and using franco kernel. can't get it to boot back up either.

EDIT: fixed it by using the method of holding power up and on for 60 seconds, while off charger, then plugging it back into charger and turning it back on.

MickeyMouse12345

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks,

left it on the charger for the whole night, in the morning, tried holding the power button for a looong period of time, tried the volume buttons and everything I read on the internet. Nothing helped.

Called the Google play support, tried their ideas (btw the same ... Volume - + power button for a minute) nothing happened...just the led light flashed once.
They are gonna replace it for me. Already in the proccess.

luvinalwayz

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Exact same thing happened with mine, and I have read this is happening to other people too.

The worst part is I'm in Canada, so my new phone will take extra long to get to me.

Peter Kolpakov

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
10 day old nexus pulled that on me, held button for about 60 seconds and got the orange light like suggested here, and it turned right on)) in' a android forums, saved me from a heart attack! thenks
:D

jeshuamaxey

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
You sir / madam, are a life saver. Just revived my Nexus 7 tablet the my Nexus 4 dies on me. Power and Vol up for 60s then plugging into power woke it up.

Thank you again

Adarsh ND

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar situation held Power and vol up button for 60 sec then connected to power and switched on. It's working fine now..Thanks for this forum for helping me out

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Wish they would fix this with an update or something. My Nexus 4 is a couple weeks old, had a 90% charge, was not plugged in, tried to turn it on but nothing. Began to panic, plugged it in and held the pwr button for long time until the red light came on and eventually the display. Would have thought they could have fixed this in the past 3 months or longer.

f1madman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys just revived my Nexus 4.

I pressed the VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + POWER button. This enabled me to select "recovery mode" after which point it didn't do anything so I tried the VOLUME UP + POWER, after a few seconds screen reset and the phone booted up again.

Not something I'd expect from a product that is supposed to be as good as this. Pretty disappointed.

Geoffn

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Same problem as everyone else. Had my phone for 2 days. Was plugged in to the charger and had charged all night. Left the room and when I came back phone wouldn't start and blinking orange light.

Called google, they didn't know what the problem was, didn't know what a blinking orange light meant, didn't know how to fix it, and it will take me 5 business days to get a new phone.

I really expected better from Google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar