Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My 1 week old Nexus 4 won't turn on

Hey..

At first I would love to point out, that I am using a case and screen protector since day 1. I am being extremely careful, did NOT drop the phone. No scratches, ..nothing.
    I have it for about 10days now.

I was in the kitchen, the phone was on the table, I went to check it out but it was off. Thought that it ran out of battery, so plugged it in and nothing.
    Tried holding the power button for 20secs..after that period of time a LED light orange/red at the botton of the phone flashed once.
    Tried holding volume buttons + power button...same result..nothing else.

Getting really worried. Going to leave it on the charger for the whole night and try again in the morning.....
    If anyone has any idea what to do with it.
    Really appreciate your help.

Regards Mickey

Default Re: My 1 week old Nexus 4 won't turn on

I've had mine for about 2 months. Same problem though out of nowhere. They are sending me a new one.

Here's what sucks. The will NOT ship it overnight which seems absurd to me. So i won't have a phone for 5 days.

Ridiculous.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Oh man that sucks...
    Anyway, appreciate your help...I am calmer now knowing, that this is not my fault and that I did not do anything wrong.

Thanks...and hope you get your phone soon.

the battery is full. it is a common problem. i just know you have to hold onto the power button for a little longer and it should turn on.

here is a thread on XDA.

Dead nexus 4, is there anything I can do? - Page 4 - xda-developers
    BlackBerry Bold 9700>iPhone 4>iPhone 4S>NOKIA Lumia 900>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>LG Nexus 4>Asus Nexus 7(2013)>LG Nexus 5

Here's how one solved it (from the xda thread):

this happened to my phone today while running antutu and using franco kernel. can't get it to boot back up either.

EDIT: fixed it by using the method of holding power up and on for 60 seconds, while off charger, then plugging it back into charger and turning it back on.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks,

left it on the charger for the whole night, in the morning, tried holding the power button for a looong period of time, tried the volume buttons and everything I read on the internet. Nothing helped.

Called the Google play support, tried their ideas (btw the same ... Volume - + power button for a minute) nothing happened...just the led light flashed once.
    They are gonna replace it for me. Already in the proccess.

Exact same thing happened with mine, and I have read this is happening to other people too.

The worst part is I'm in Canada, so my new phone will take extra long to get to me.

10 day old nexus pulled that on me, held button for about 60 seconds and got the orange light like suggested here, and it turned right on)) in' a android forums, saved me from a heart attack! thenks

You sir / madam, are a life saver. Just revived my Nexus 7 tablet the my Nexus 4 dies on me. Power and Vol up for 60s then plugging into power woke it up.

Thank you again

Thumbs up Re: My 1 week old Nexus 4 won't turn on

Great.. just worked on my Nexus 4..
    Held the power button for 60seconds then plugged it in.. within seconds the charging battery indicator came on.

thanks!

Any word on what the cause is for this. My phone has done it several times now and it's beginning to bug me.

I think i will just replace it. hope the newer ones have resolved this issue.

Red dot of death, a common issue.

My phone is not getting charged even when it was on..now it ran out of battery and eventually switched off..what should i do?

Hi Greydarrah,

Thanks for your solution, it really worked for me toooo.. I am really happy... thanks again.

I had a similar situation held Power and vol up button for 60 sec then connected to power and switched on. It's working fine now..Thanks for this forum for helping me out

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Wish they would fix this with an update or something. My Nexus 4 is a couple weeks old, had a 90% charge, was not plugged in, tried to turn it on but nothing. Began to panic, plugged it in and held the pwr button for long time until the red light came on and eventually the display. Would have thought they could have fixed this in the past 3 months or longer.
    Most mods in forums are like the the hall monitors in school. They enjoy the power trip.

Thanks guys just revived my Nexus 4.

I pressed the VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + POWER button. This enabled me to select "recovery mode" after which point it didn't do anything so I tried the VOLUME UP + POWER, after a few seconds screen reset and the phone booted up again.

Not something I'd expect from a product that is supposed to be as good as this. Pretty disappointed.

Same problem as everyone else. Had my phone for 2 days. Was plugged in to the charger and had charged all night. Left the room and when I came back phone wouldn't start and blinking orange light.

Called google, they didn't know what the problem was, didn't know what a blinking orange light meant, didn't know how to fix it, and it will take me 5 business days to get a new phone.

I really expected better from Google.

hey , thanx a lot .... it worked...)

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post

this happened to my phone today while running antutu and using franco kernel. can't get it to boot back up either.

EDIT: fixed it by using the method of holding power up and on for 60 seconds, while off charger, then plugging it back into charger and turning it back on.
    Signed up just to say you're an absolute legend. My phone was totally dead this morning, tried plenty of other solutions I found on forums and nothing would work.

Followed your instructions and my phone just sprung back to life on the first attempt. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post

Ohhhhh man you saved me
    I just signed up into this form to thank you, this worked for me thank you man

Just wanted to say thanks, I have had my nexus 4 since it was released years ago and this just happened today. I have a nexus 5 and use the 4 as my work phone. It was fairly charged but I threw it on the charger last night and I guess it charge too much and the phone went into some emergency shutdown. Anyway this worked so thanks!!!!!

They REALLY need to fix this issue. My wife's Nexus 4 shuts off randomly sometimes a few times a day. Ridiculous. None of the supposed fixes work.

i did the same with mine but all it does now is show the battery level on the screen. how do i turn in on propery ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast