I'm Bored With GS3...Should I Get An N4 ?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
It's still going to be android. Even rooted and with a custom rom, still android. You can go iOS, but that's REALLY boring. You can go BB, but the OS is getting long in the tooth - although it's still a fun OS to play with and gives you as much opportunity to customize as android. The themes for Blackberry are amazing and really change the feel of the device. You can go BB again, this time BB10 which promises to be quite different, but if you are here in the US you have a wait. Are there any Symbian phones for sale yet? Or go find a WebOS phone from Palm. :)

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
you can do more on the S3 then the Nexus4, you getting a nexus 4 you'd be bored fast.

Coming from someone with a LTE gnex, a SGS3, and now an N4....YOU ALL are crazy! Especially if you are crackflashing...just throwing CM10 etc on a GS3 does not make it like a Nexus. It's an acceptable bandaid if you need a device with removable sd card (LTE sort of/removable battery). That's about it. Even my lady, who has super non techy love for the SGS3 (it's so slim purdy and white!!) couldn't care less about it after a bit with the N4 (got her one too). Granted, I've added things she would've missed from Touch Wiz. Probably end up flashing hers too (just unlocked for now). You're all right about stock vanilla Android being rather bland though. That's what's great about it. It's a blank canvis to paint as you please without any other BS you don't want or need to bog it down in the least. Opinions are like a$$holes;)

Pakbackr

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
My wife has same problem with clothes, shoes and purses!...easily bored and wants something new! I kinda agree with the person that said maybe you need to switch to a Windows or iPhone...whole different experience that might captivate your interest for a while. If nothing else, it will make you appreciate Android :)

jay_g

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch. I liked the S3 but it started to get real buggy and I wanted something new. I went with N4 because its pure Google and for the money it cant be beat. I really like the N4, its fast, smooth and fits what I want. Its also nice to have a phone no one has and its really good looking.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm on AT&T LTE with the Galaxy S 3, but I've had it a few months and I'm bored with it.

Will I regret getting a 16GB LG Nexus 4 (on AT&T's 21mbps HSPA+) going from the GS3 on LTE ?

Phone junky-ism is a terrible affliction.......

Help me out with opinions android junkies !

Maybe the asteroid on Friday will knock out some satellites and save me some money ?

:confused:

Do what I do. Use both. :)

My S3 is on Verizon and my N4 is on Straight Talk (AT&T).

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Do what I do. Use both. :)

My S3 is on Verizon and my N4 is on Straight Talk (AT&T).

Just got the N4 yesterday.

I have to say I do like it, but havent used it a full day yet.

I'm still hanging onto the S3 till I am sure.

I dont know about using both, that would seem like it'd be a bit confusing switching back and forth.

:)

jeffepops

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Funny, that your favorite Biblical verse implies eternal constancy, yet you believe changing smart phones every few months will make your life more interesting and exciting. Perhaps you'll consider looking beyond your electronics array to find fulfillment in life. Maybe you can take the money you would spend on a new phone and invest wisely, whether for profit or charitable purposes.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got setting up new TMO S3 for my wife (warranty Claim). I had forgotten about all of the settings and features. I had a S3 on ATT from June till the Note 2 got launched in November and finally sold it in January since it was not getting used. The S3 has a lot more features built in and is a very nice device. I am sure you could install a lot of the same features but they are not stock. Do not get me wrong, I love my N4 but it seems to have less features than the S3. One big plus of the N4 is the fastest updates. If you flash custom ROM's is is probably not a big deal but if stock it may be a consideration. The S3 feels better in the hand and is lighter and thinner.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Funny, that your favorite Biblical verse implies eternal constancy, yet you believe changing smart phones every few months will make your life more interesting and exciting. Perhaps you'll consider looking beyond your electronics array to find fulfillment in life. Maybe you can take the money you would spend on a new phone and invest wisely, whether for profit or charitable purposes.

Huh? Sorry. I lost you at "blah blah preach blah".

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
There isn't anything you can do on the N4 that you can't already do on the S3. So I'm afraid if you're bored....getting an N4 isn't going to solve your problem.

tap'n

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the S3 first then got the Nexus 4.....Guess what I am using right now?
S3. I prefer it leaps and bounds over the nexus 4

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Having no LTE alone would keep me from buying one.
Just my personal preference though. Once you have a good LTE connection, it's hard to go back to 3G.

tap'n

GKWANNABE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're able to, I'd say wait for the BB10 or the HTC One! Both different phones w/different specs and some a little intriguing, especially on the HTC ONE. If you can not wait, I'd say stick w/the Samsung Galaxy SIII and instead try customizing it more.

I.e. Different Home Launchers, more or less widgets, OR create your own widgets for yourself and you could share them on Google Play using the UCCW app (FREE)! I know the SGSIII already has awesome features especially to use w/LTE. Stick with the SGSIII and get you a Pebble watch, something cool and awesome to mess around with. Good luck! :thumbup:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There isn't anything you can do on the N4 that you can't already do on the S3. So I'm afraid if you're bored....getting an N4 isn't going to solve your problem.

tap'n
Photosphere

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T LTE with the Galaxy S 3, but I've had it a few months and I'm bored with it.

Will I regret getting a 16GB LG Nexus 4 (on AT&T's 21mbps HSPA+) going from the GS3 on LTE ?

Phone junky-ism is a terrible affliction.......

Help me out with opinions android junkies !

Maybe the asteroid on Friday will knock out some satellites and save me some money ?

:confused:
Visit www.mycolorscreen.com for inspiration and new ways to modify your device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam