Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Question I'm Bored With GS3...Should I Get An N4 ?

I'm on AT&T LTE with the Galaxy S 3, but I've had it a few months and I'm bored with it.

Will I regret getting a 16GB LG Nexus 4 (on AT&T's 21mbps HSPA+) going from the GS3 on LTE ?

Phone junky-ism is a terrible affliction.......

Help me out with opinions android junkies !

Maybe the asteroid on Friday will knock out some satellites and save me some money ?

Hebrews 13:8

Global Posts
    1,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: I'm Bored With GS3...Should I Get An N4 ?

Read reviews on this site. Plenty of links in this forum.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by gcorliss View Post
    Read reviews on this site. Plenty of links in this forum.
    Thanks for the opinion....................................................................................................................

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanRom

Just flash cm10

Overall, they are similar phones, except the look, no?

If you really want a change, go for the Note II. That's like, got that stick thingy. If you get bored of that, too, get another Note II and you have yourself a pair of chopsticks.

[Edit: I also recommend flashing it with different ROMS like the CM. That's sort of fun.]
    petaf and planoman like this.

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

be prepare to get even more bored with N4 Lol! Unless you going custom rom. Stock JB isn't fun to play because it has minimum features.
    nexus prime likes this.

Default Re: Valentine's Day Contest: Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 giveaways!

Try different launchers! They are really fun!
    neiljay6 and S T Hye like this.

Well the N4 has less features so I think you might get bored with the N4 even faster.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    nexus prime likes this.

you can do more on the S3 then the Nexus4, you getting a nexus 4 you'd be bored fast.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Thanks for the opinion....................................................................................................................
    Yeah he does that. smh

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I'm on AT&T LTE with the Galaxy S 3, but I've had it a few months and I'm bored with it.

Will I regret getting a 16GB LG Nexus 4 (on AT&T's 21mbps HSPA+) going from the GS3 on LTE ?

Phone junky-ism is a terrible affliction.......

Help me out with opinions android junkies !

Maybe the asteroid on Friday will knock out some satellites and save me some money ?

If the S3 is your only phone and you are going to switch then yes I think you will regret it. I was bored with mine too but only because my note 2 became my daily driver and they were so similar that I did not even use the S3 anymore. I then got the N4, which is a great little phone. But it backs up my daily driver. I think the N4 is a great phone but to permanently give up LTE would be too difficult for me. HSPA is okay only because I know I am going back to my note 2.

Do I miss my S3 over the N4, nope not a bit. I do however think the S3 is an overall more well rounded device. Unless you like Nexus devices or vanilla android, I would be hard pressed to think you would not regret a 1:1 switch. My 2 cents having owned both.
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

Global Posts
    1,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by fredwardnelson View Post
    Yeah he does that. smh
    Do what? A Google search such "SGS3 vs Nexus 4" would have helped him. Smh some more... there's a rattle and it isn't coming from your Nexus.

Okay.

Global Posts
    1,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by fredwardnelson View Post
    Okay.
    I never try to be rude. I see alot of questions posted that could easily be answered by Google Search or searching the forum. The only thing I do "alot" of is trying to help.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

>Bored with GS3
    Haha, oh wow. Keep your phone, man.
    Nexus 4 / iPad 2
    TheLibertarian likes this.

What do you mean by bored?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by omgzam View Post
    What do you mean by bored?
    Tired of it, want something new.

Have you tried buying something that's not a phone and is more insteresting? I can see how you can get bored of a phone, as, well, it's a phone.
    Stick with the S3 and buy a fast car. Way more interesting and fun.

Having used the N4, the Note II and the One X, I'd say they are all pretty much the same other than physical size/shape etc. Once you stick on Nova launcher and get your widgets on they all look the same!

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Funny this thread was started seeing I was torn about both phones. To the OP, I felt the same way, sold my and sold my s3 for the N4. So far no real regrets.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Topgonzo likes this.

Yes I would pic up a n4...root it and that gives you more options..

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

If you are a phone junky sucker, wait for the X phone. You will just want that when it comes out instead anyways.

It's still going to be android. Even rooted and with a custom rom, still android. You can go iOS, but that's REALLY boring. You can go BB, but the OS is getting long in the tooth - although it's still a fun OS to play with and gives you as much opportunity to customize as android. The themes for Blackberry are amazing and really change the feel of the device. You can go BB again, this time BB10 which promises to be quite different, but if you are here in the US you have a wait. Are there any Symbian phones for sale yet? Or go find a WebOS phone from Palm.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Sounds like you're bored with Android. Try switching platforms. WP8, iPhone, or the infamous BB10 are all decent phones in their own ways.
    Pakbackr likes this.

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    you can do more on the S3 then the Nexus4, you getting a nexus 4 you'd be bored fast.
    Coming from someone with a LTE gnex, a SGS3, and now an N4....YOU ALL are crazy! Especially if you are crackflashing...just throwing CM10 etc on a GS3 does not make it like a Nexus. It's an acceptable bandaid if you need a device with removable sd card (LTE sort of/removable battery). That's about it. Even my lady, who has super non techy love for the SGS3 (it's so slim purdy and white!!) couldn't care less about it after a bit with the N4 (got her one too). Granted, I've added things she would've missed from Touch Wiz. Probably end up flashing hers too (just unlocked for now). You're all right about stock vanilla Android being rather bland though. That's what's great about it. It's a blank canvis to paint as you please without any other BS you don't want or need to bog it down in the least. Opinions are like a$$holes

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

My wife has same problem with clothes, shoes and purses!...easily bored and wants something new! I kinda agree with the person that said maybe you need to switch to a Windows or iPhone...whole different experience that might captivate your interest for a while. If nothing else, it will make you appreciate Android
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast