Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By greydarrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Brightness not working?

Seems lately that my brightness on the power control widget and in the actual settings won't change brightness sometimes. I have to restart the phone for it to work. Not sure if it may be an app like light flow? Or maybe just a bug in 4.2?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Brightness not working?

Power control widget for android has always been finnicky... what happens when you pull down the quick settings menu and adjust brightness from there?

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Does it get stuck on some kind of auto brightness? And your unable to increase/decrease brightness?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Brightness not working

Quote Originally Posted by Rizy7 View Post
    Does it get stuck on some kind of auto brightness? And your unable to increase/decrease brightness?
    Yes it gets stuck on a brightness level. Yep even if I go into setting>display and try to change it there it still won't do anything

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forum

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Default Re: Brightness not working

Can you remember if you installed any apps before this happened to your phone? This is my second nexus 4 but on my first one, somewhere along the line of rooting, installing rooted apps such as Touch Control, TricksterMod and another few my brightness decided to not operate properly. I use power toggles, I was unable to change the brightness from both the toggles and from the actual settings.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Can you remember if you installed any apps before this happened to your phone? This is my second nexus 4 but on my first one, somewhere along the line of rooting, installing rooted apps such as Touch Control, TricksterMod and another few my brightness decided to not operate properly. I use power toggles, I was unable to change the brightness from both the toggles and from the actual settings.
    Haven't really download much new apps in the past few days. Not sure if it could be light flow causing the problems as it controls the led maybe its messing with the brightness as well

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    Haven't really download much new apps in the past few days. Not sure if it could be light flow causing the problems as it controls the led maybe its messing with the brightness as well

So why don't you delete light flow, reboot and see if your problems are fixed?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    pontiac005 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    So why don't you delete light flow, reboot and see if your problems are fixed?
    I can reboot with lightflow still downloaded and the problem is fixed. I think when it happens again I'm going to uninstall light flow without rebooting see if that works

i got the same problem that my brightness is stuck on the auto brightness. this is really dark and i have no idea how to get it working, ive tried rebooting but nothing happens. does anyone know how to fix it

mine does and i tried rebooting it but i have no idea how to nake it work, do you have any idea

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Are you completely stock? Have you installed any apps lately that might have caused it? Do you have a screen protector?

Light Flow causes a brightness problem on my RAZR MAXX. confirmed multiple times that if LF is enabled, auto-bright goes to dim. i can reset it using power widget, but whenever i cycle the screen with the power button, it comes up dim (after a quick flash as bright as it SHOULD be). had the problem, disabled light flow waiting for updates and -- months later -- the problem returns if i use Light Flow. pity, but that's the deal . . .

phone IS rooted, fwiw.