To Flash or not

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven't has a reason to add the flash app. I find that browsing the web is a lot nicer without it. It doesn't have to load all the ads. The only time I would use it is for some of the local mom and pop restaurants and stores that are still flashed based, but it's not that big of deal to me. But I feel the web browsing experience is better without flash. Faster loading of web pages, less data used loading them, and why waste the precious storage space on it. Flash is a dying tech, everything is moving to HTML5, of which the major websites have been converted.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I didn't bother with the app but did install Firefox which has it baked in. If I get to a site that I need it and am not already in Firefox I just switch over.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I find myself not needing Flash at all. Not only this, I had it installed on my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 and I uninstalled it and haven't felt a need for putting it back. Google is moving on and left Flash as it's outdated, I also have moved on from Flash.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn't bother with the app but did install Firefox which has it baked in. If I get to a site that I need it and am not already in Firefox I just switch over. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Incorrect. Chrome has Flash "baked in" not Firefox. Flash is installed on my but I have AdBlock Plus installed for Firefox so I see no ads. Not having Flash installed isn't at all a guarantee that you won't see ads because many ads are fed as html-compliant when a mobile browser is detected. Other than that I can't see much reason to install it. Maybe you want to try it out but Firefox Beta, Nightly and Chrome play back h.264 html5 just fine. Actually Chrome does it better, but you're more likely to see ads.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Incorrect. Chrome has Flash "baked in" not Firefox. Flash is installed on my but I have AdBlock Plus installed for Firefox so I see no ads. Not having Flash installed isn't at all a guarantee that you won't see ads because many ads are fed as html-compliant when a mobile browser is detected. Other than that I can't see much reason to install it. Maybe you want to try it out but Firefox Beta, Nightly and Chrome play back h.264 html5 just fine. Actually Chrome does it better, but you're more likely to see ads.

Chrome doesn't have flash.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No need for flash any longer unless your a frequent visitor to adult content sites.

Aside from that much of what we visit today has already been or in the process of dumping flash for mobile since its no longer supported.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
No need for flash any longer unless your a frequent visitor to adult content sites.

Aside from that much of what we visit today has already been or in the process of dumping flash for mobile since its no longer supported.
There are a ton of adult sites that don't use it anymore either...Of course thats what I heard...I wouldn't know myself... ;)