Nexus 4 help :)

aaronnoraa

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
After 4 years i have gone away from the Iphone to the Nexus 4, first impressions are good but there are two things bugging me.

1. - If i receive a text message my phone doesnt light up, is there a setting for this?

2. I constantly receive 'App off the day' notifications pop up on my screen, is there a way to disable this?

Any help much appreciated :)

If any one has any questions about the Nexus 4 then i will answer as best as i can.

:p

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
After 4 years i have gone away from the Iphone to the Nexus 4, first impressions are good but there are two things bugging me.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...bmRyb2lkLmxpZ2h0Zmxvd2xpdGUiXQ&token=1tsMzE45..
1. - If i receive a text message my phone doesnt light up, is there a setting for this?

2. I constantly receive 'App off the day' notifications pop up on my screen, is there a way to disable this?

If any one has any questions about the Nexus 4 then i will answer as best as i can.

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
For your text not lighting up problem I use an app called Light Flow, you can customise what apps use what light, it's free which you can mainly just use the apps which come with the phone but if you want to customise other apps I got the paid version. It's worth it though so I now know what each light is and what notification I have!

With the App of the Day problem I have no idea, I've never heard of that so I can't help so sorry! :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

1. if you are talking about display lighting up that wont happen in android. although you can customize LED notification.
use an app called light flow lite to do that.

2. have you installed any "app sales" app on your nexus 4? that app is giving you the app of the day notification. long press on the notification and it will bring app info. click on it and it will tell you what app is doing that. go to that apps settings disable the notification.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
1. if you are talking about display lighting up that wont happen in android. although you can customize LED notification.
use an app called light flow lite to do that.

2. have you installed any "app sales" app on your nexus 4? that app is giving you the app of the day notification. long press on the notification and it will bring app info. click on it and it will tell you what app is doing that. go to that apps settings disable the notification.

Down load light flow from the market. And also download air push detector. It is probably a free app u downloaded that is sending u advertisements and air push detector will show u which app is doing that

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

aaronnoraa

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response

I will give the LED app a go and see how that works, although It says it will read my messages etc (not sure I'm happy with that)

I've used air push and that doesn't find any apps using notifications :( i downloaded a few apps but none are sale specific?

mdandashly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
1. To make the screen turn on or a popup come up, like in iOS, you can download a SMS replacement app like Handcent or GOSMS Pro. They give you a lot more customization, including popup support. Both have free versions I think and can completely replace the stock app. If you just want LED light notifications, LightFlow.

2. The app of the day pop up is spam from some app you downloaded.

aaronnoraa

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
i think you're right about it being spam from an app i've downloaded..

I downloaded two live wall papers - Pac Man & Screen licking dog, i'm confident the notifications started then but for some reason i cant delete the apps from my phone? :-X

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i think you're right about it being spam from an app i've downloaded..

I downloaded two live wall papers - Pac Man & Screen licking dog, i'm confident the notifications started then but for some reason i cant delete the apps from my phone? :-X

go to play store-->menu-->my apps-->click on those two apps-->uninstall.

Nathanman123

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Help people.. My LED sensor isn't working, I have tried light flow and it still doesn't wok. Also my lock screen widget + (plus) button doesn't work so I can't add any lockscreen widgets... It worked for a while but has since stopped.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Help people.. My LED sensor isn't working, I have tried light flow and it still doesn't wok. Also my lock screen widget + (plus) button doesn't work so I can't add any lockscreen widgets... It worked for a while but has since stopped.

Your screen has to be off for the LED to flash. There are ROMs that allow for it to flash while the screen is on, but it isn't on stock.

As for your lockscreen widget issue, describe what exactly happens when you tap on the add widget button.

Sent from my Nexus 4/Nexus 7

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Took me awhile to realize that the LED notification is where the home button is located underneath the screen and not at the top left where you would expect it to be.

I didn't think mine was working either so I installed LED Flow, and sent myself a text from another device to see if it was working and saw it where I said it was.

Uninstalled after I saw it worked properly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I use Flashme to have my camera flash blink when I receive notifications and of course as mentioned light flow is a good app also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34