N4 4.2.2 update

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't yet.

Should be easy enough though (even doable using fully stock w/ locked bootloader).
-download the file found in this thread--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=252414
-put the file into the main folder & rename it to "Update" (to more easily locate it in the next step)
-reboot into recovery
-using the Vol + - buttons navigate to it & install

I'm giving it til the end of the week to get the official Notification otherwise I'll just do it this way.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it has been released as an OTA (over the air) update in the US yet. I would recommend just doing it manually. It's pretty easy, and that way you could learn a little about using ADB in case you want to unlock the bootloader or root your phone in the future.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm old s school I like ota. There are some getting it now that are in the USA. I've been on Google + its rolling out.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't use LTE that often but it's nice when I need the extra speed or if I'm tethering.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Why not just wait for devs to take 4.2.2 and make it flashable without the new modem which that's where the lock would be pushed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Read my post and the link you can get it back by flashing the old radio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Is there success with it? I haven't really heard much on it being stable and safe

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Since this is an unlocked and not a carrier phone I thought all updates came right from Google over Wi-Fi and not over the cell network. Isn't that the point of the Nexus, we don't have to wait?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Since this is an unlocked and not a carrier phone I thought all updates came right from Google over Wi-Fi and not over the cell network. Isn't that the point of the Nexus, we don't have to wait?

You don't have to wait months or longer for your carrier to support a new release. You DO have to wait a couple days while the new release is slowly rolled out to everyone piecemeal.

The other alternative is Google getting slammed by everyone downloading it at once, and the boards erupting in a fest about that.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Got my OTA update just now in Durham, North Carolina. Not sure what the changes are though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm