N4 4.2.2 update

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I cleared Google System Framework about 4 times and got. Came across my Nexus 10 on it's own. Did Google System Framework and got it on my wife's Nexus 7.

jman1323

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So I just received the update but I just want to be certain of something first. I know I will probably loose root and have installed rootkeeper and saved a copy. Does the system update change anything with the kernel? I have flashed Matr1x's kernel and don't want to redo that.
Thanks

Dstanton10

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Can the update still roll out to my phone this weekend.(Since its not a work day) I would guess so... since its all done by googles computers... but just making sure!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I did here in dfw. Do not use my N4 during the week and turned it on this morning and then update downloaded. No problems. Got it on my Nexus 7 early this week.

Sent from my Nexus 7

rotusrotus

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Got mine on both my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 around noon today. N7 performance appears to be a bit snappier closing the gap between it and the N4. N4 appears to be about the same in real use. Boot times appear unchanged around 20 secs for the N4 and 27 secs for the N7.

Will start checking out the battery consumption now ....

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I got the OTA the day it came out. I updated, then wiped the phone and set it up from scratch (didn't really have anything stored locally, so nothing to lose!), reinstalled the apps I wanted, and so far, it's working. FB is kinda acting up, but that's always been a pretty shipdit of an app anyhow, so nothing new there.

And wow, I just can't get over all the cry-babies here who are ing about an utterly trivial delay for obtaining updates.

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I got the OTA the day it came out. I updated, then wiped the phone and set it up from scratch (didn't really have anything stored locally, so nothing to lose!), reinstalled the apps I wanted, and so far, it's working. FB is kinda acting up, but that's always been a pretty shipdit of an app anyhow, so nothing new there.

And wow, I just can't get over all the cry-babies here who are ing about an utterly trivial delay for obtaining updates.
How come you wiped the phone? Any particular reason?

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
How come you wiped the phone? Any particular reason?

Force of habit going back to my early days with computers, actually. Get the newest thing, then make sure your data (if any) is safely backed up out of harm's way, then blow it away and set it up from scratch. The reason for it is equally mundane: I like to avoid complications, which I have experienced time and again on different platforms when things aren't as clean as they should have been.

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Force of habit going back to my early days with computers, actually. Get the newest thing, then make sure your data (if any) is safely backed up out of harm's way, then blow it away and set it up from scratch. The reason for it is equally mundane: I like to avoid complications, which I have experienced time and again on different platforms when things aren't as clean as they should have been.
I had an issue with the screens back light flickering after the OTA so I did a reset and all was fine after I got everything all set back up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois