Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Default Re: Nexus 4 not showing 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    If you already have the Android SDK installed, sideloading the update is easy. No risk of breaking anything.
    Phill, Did your Nexus 4 get the update?

BTW: Love the Podcast :-)
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by williams448 View Post
    Its amazing to me how some people on here think they're so much smarter than Google engineers. If you were that spoiled, why the hell did you switch?? I think the terms iOS, and Apple should be banned from this forum. Very aggervating when the two OS are compared on a daily basis. IMO
    Why I switched from iOS recently and was very annoyed I would have to wait awhile even though I had a nexus device , in fact one of the reasons I got the n4 over the s3 was the promise of instant updates, but don't get me wrong in nearly everything else (IMHO) android blows away the iPhone
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    You aren't getting my point. The small set is not the number of hardware Apple provides. The small set is the number of products Apple provides through the web - basically, the Apple website, the Apple store, the iTunes store, Apple's cloud services and that's about it. Google, on the other hand, has the Play Store, Google cloud services (which are much more complete and broad than Apple's), Gmail, Google Plus, and the responsibility of having to handle 70-80% of the world's searches.

The point also isn't that the same servers handle everything. The point is Apple has greater flexibility to devote more servers (or more server capacity) to iOS updates - updates for an OS and devices they insist on absolute control over - than Google for Android updates. By the way, honest question: does everyone on iOS receive an update on the exact same moment (or at least begin receiving it on the exact same moment)? If not, Apple too "rolls it out" following some sort of sequence.
    No I got the iOS 6.1 ota on my iPhone 4S and his 5 at the same time no delay like this which kinda frustrates me
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    The OTA update just hit my N4 10 minutes ago. It will come, relax. Like everyone said, they are rolling it out.

If you want instant access at the same time as 100 million+ others you might want to check out the iPhone.
    You mean the iPhone that I just switched from? Can I not have expectations especially since this is a nexus device?

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Why I switched from iOS recently and was very annoyed I would have to wait awhile even though I had a nexus device , in fact one of the reasons I got the n4 over the s3 was the promise of instant updates, but don't get me wrong in nearly everything else (IMHO) android blows away the iPhone
    Instant as is in not waiting months for your carrier to roll out the update, not instant as is within minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    yfan likes this.

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    You mean the iPhone that I just switched from? Can I not have expectations especially since this is a nexus device?
    If you weren't constantly checking for it because you read on a forum that it's out, would it really make a difference that you get the update a couple of days earlier or later?

If you're unrooted, you can still get OTA updates to 4.2.2.

Under Settings > Apps > Google Services Framework

Disable > Force Stop > Clear Cache > Enable

Now then proceed to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check Now

Should be able to view the latest update.
    Thanked by 2:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Hey guys the update showed up today I'm very happy right now the battery I don't know if it was meant to be improved but I appreciate it! And I understand that android has staggered roll outs I'm fine with it now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    If you weren't constantly checking for it because you read on a forum that it's out, would it really make a difference that you get the update a couple of days earlier or later?

you re right...

It is interesting that my wife got her update and I have not. She has a 646 area code and I have a 718.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by Double Tap View Post
    It is interesting that my wife got her update and I have not. She has a 646 area code and I have a 718.
    Use the method omgzam posted I didn't have to do it for the update to show but try it anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Use the method omgzam posted I didn't have to do it for the update to show but try it anyway.

I had WiFi off when it came out. I had to turn it on to get it myself.

And seriously, folks... wtf does 4.2.2 have to do with Apple, iOS, or an iPhone? Take that discussion somewhere else, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    I had WiFi off when it came out. I had to turn it on to get it myself.

And seriously, folks... wtf does 4.2.2 have to do with Apple, iOS, or an iPhone? Take that discussion somewhere else, please.
    Well you see it's this way Mr. Know It All, after my wife updated the notification bar had this little notification saying "sent from my iPhone"
    Tall Mike 2145 likes this.

Area codes and location have absolutely nothing to do with how these updates are rolled out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Still nothing on my end, oh well.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12