Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TechZOnline
  • 2 Post By sting7k
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is this phone tough?

Bought myself an Ionic Guardian yesterday. Today I dropped my phone on a table, whilst in the case. No damage to the phone, but was wondering could the drop have damaged anything inside of the phone, or should it be perfect still?

Default Re: Is this phone tough?

Quote Originally Posted by bertyhendo View Post
    Bought myself an Ionic Guardian yesterday. Today I dropped my phone on a table, whilst in the case. No damage to the phone, but was wondering could the drop have damaged anything inside of the phone, or should it be perfect still?
    While I don't think too many people can comment on how tough the internals are, everyone here will tell you that the glass front & back are very fragile. So be careful
    Nexus 5 16GB - JB 4.4 - Unboxed and using!
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 - ICS 4.0.4 (Samsung)
    ibbyj likes this.

ROM
    KK 4.4.3

Not likely. The internals should be able to handle a short fall, especially when in a case (and it sounds like your fall was exceptionally brief). The exterior on the other hand...

If you broke something inside, you would know. As long as everything is working, you're good to go.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    3,567 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

The internal components are programmed to self destruct after 10 drops. Use your next 9 wisely.
    TechZOnline and Elysion76 like this.

If the fall wasn't enough to break the glass on the outside, it's probably fine. If a cable or something came loose, you would most likely notice this in strange digitizer, screen, or power behavior.