Crack your Nexus 4? Buy it with an AmEx? You might be in luck

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I, like many of you, dropped my Nexus 4 and cracked the rear glass on it. Last week, I was talking to my Dad about my lawnmower breaking and he reminded me that if I paid for it with my American Express card, I get an extra year of warranty. That reminded me that American Express offers other benefits for making purchases on their cards, including what they call Purchase Protection. Basically, if your purchase is stolen or accidentally damaged within the first 90 days of ownership, AmEx will refund your purchase. You do have to report the loss within 30 days of the damage.

So I submitted a claim with American Express on Monday afternoon and this morning was notified that AmEx has posted a credit for the purchase price of my Nexus 4 (minus shipping charges)!

Here's an FAQ on their program: Purchase Protection - Frequently Asked Questions - American Express?
And here's where you can submit your claim online: https://www295.americanexpress.com/onlineclaim/

I know other credit cards offer this protection, but American Express is the only one that covers every single card with their name on it.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
That's great for Amex users

I guess this time you're going to put it in a good case?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Noncon

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I, like many of you, dropped my Nexus 4 and cracked the rear glass on it. Last week, I was talking to my Dad about my lawnmower breaking and he reminded me that if I paid for it with my American Express card, I get an extra year of warranty. .

Not just Amex, but the same holds true with Visa/Mastercard Signature cards.

KJ

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance