Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree48Likes

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Default Re: How are you guys coping with the crappy battery life

I turn of all unused radios. Then I carry a charger with me
    Gamer_Radar likes this.

Is there a way to test if the battery is normal or defective?

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robertopod1968 View Post
    Lotus notes kills every phone I've had
    Didn't affect my iPhone at all, but I did not install and run Traveler, just used built in Apps.

I TURN GOOGLE NOW off and syncing with certain apps specially Google play books magazines and others that I don't use...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I don't believe in turning off all the features that make this phone so great. All I do is remember to top up battery: this is where wireless chargers are so darn important. Just set it down, it tops up and I never have to worry about battery life and turning off every single feature.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    TvTechGuru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post
    I don't believe in turning off all the features that make this phone so great. All I do is remember to top up battery: this is where wireless chargers are so darn important. Just set it down, it tops up and I never have to worry about battery life and turning off every single feature.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Not all of the features, just the ones you're not using at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Yep same here. Obviously I turn stuff of that I never use but the best thing for battery life is I always make sure to charge my phone before doing something where I will be gone for hours. If we are traveling I charge it. Going to a football game I charge it. Its not very hard to throw your phone on the charger for 1 hour before u go out at night or on a trip or whatever. That way u don't leave yourself phone less and stranded. I wouldnt expect any phone to last me personally multiple days.

TvTechGuru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Toggle off LTE, WIFI, GPS, BT, NFC, Hotspot. Toggle on as needed.
    2. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum.
    3. Sign out of Google Latitude, GTalk, G+, Google Now, and Messenger. Disable Location Reporting/History.
    4. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, News, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.
    5. Turn off keyboard haptic feedback.
    6. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use dark wallpaper if possible.
    7. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
    8. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
    9. Turn off vibrate for Emails.
    10. Be careful of using too many live widgets.
    11. Sync Exchange Emails 30 Days or less.
    12. Do NOT use a Task Killer App.
    Then I might as well just get a brick that makes calls

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMilander View Post
    Then I might as well just get a brick that makes calls

No, No you can't make calls because it drains battery. Bring change and use pay phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    mr_nobody likes this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Getting great life, 73% after 5 hours and 20 mins, keep screen brightness low and make sure you understand the sync settings on your apps. Getting about the same life from my S3, but N4 seems to be a little better. Why have a smart phone off you are going to turn everything off?

For those of you still having battery trouble, try Franco's kernel. You have a nexus-unlock that thing!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    badbrad17 likes this.

After one day and 20hrs with two hours screen time and many hours of using XM, I just now put it on a charger at 18%. Very happy!
    badbrad17 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Marten View Post
    I think if I switched even one of those off I'd forget which it was and probably that I'd even done it!

What would be helpful for scatter brains like me would be some kind of macro app that could switch all these, or a user defined selection, on and off with the touch of one button on the home screen. The button's state could show if your personal selection is on or off (from green to red for example). Simple things like that make using a phone easier and would extend battery life considerably without having to recall what you switched off and where to switch it back on again!
    Have you tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    After one day and 20hrs with two hours screen time and many hours of using XM, I just now put it on a charger at 18%. Very happy!
    2 days 8 hour 52 min standby
    2 hr 30 min screen time
    with 3% remaining.

very very happy

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

First day of use. Been fiddling with it all day. Really pleased with this tbh, considering the screen time!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I have to say battery is pretty damn good on this phone. I always use a live wallpaper (usually one of the galaxies from maxeus?), usually have on tmobile 42mbps data (switch to wifi at home sometimes), I have google now on (took off the card that pops up when you are going to work or are suppose to come home from work because it is useless for me and because it drained battery due to it requesting gps access), I leave gps off unless I am using google maps for turn by turn car nav (no need to have super exact gps on all the time).

Bluetooth I almost always keep it off. NFC I always keep on (use it a lot). I edited all the account syncing options (GMAIL, currents, etc) to where I like em and I keep brightness almost all the way down indoors (more than bright enough for me) and outside in the sun I jack up the screen full blast so I can see whats going on.

With that kind of set up my battery lasts a long time. I don't have haptic feedback on because i have no need to feel my phone vibrate all the time. Its kinda annoying.

I suggest everyone customize and manage their phone so that way your device works the way you want it to. Just leaving everything on is stupid.

Do you guys leave your heat blasting, your ac on, all your lights in every room on, your shower on, your sink faucets on and your windows and doors unlocked and open because you can't be bothered? Is that efficient? Is that fun? No it makes no sense. Especially in an era where we all should be striving to be green and as efficient as possible.
    Last edited by cozzy123; 02-28-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    bassdelux15 likes this.

i was reading this and was thinking the same thing

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by cozzy123 View Post
    I have to say battery is pretty damn good on this phone. I always use a live wallpaper (usually one of the galaxies from maxeus?), usually have on tmobile 42mbps data (switch to wifi at home sometimes), I have google now on (took off the card that pops up when you are going to work or are suppose to come home from work because it is useless for me and because it drained battery due to it requesting gps access), I leave gps off unless I am using google maps for turn by turn car nav (no need to have super exact gps on all the time).

Bluetooth I almost always keep it off. NFC I always keep on (use it a lot). I edited all the account syncing options (GMAIL, currents, etc) to where I like em and I keep brightness almost all the way down indoors (more than bright enough for me) and outside in the sun I jack up the screen full blast so I can see whats going on.

With that kind of set up my battery lasts a long time. I don't have haptic feedback on because i have no need to feel my phone vibrate all the time. Its kinda annoying.

I suggest everyone customize and manage their phone so that way your device works the way you want it to. Just leaving everything on is stupid.

Do you guys leave your heat blasting, your ac on, all your lights in every room on, your shower on, your sink faucets on and your windows and doors unlocked and open because you can't be bothered? Is that efficient? Is that fun? No it makes no sense. Especially in an era where we all should be striving to be green and as efficient as possible.
    Preach it brother

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

That is great, but aren't you running a ROM?

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    That is great, but aren't you running a ROM?
    Not sure if you were referring to me or not but im running just stock android. Not a fan of flashing roms all the time.

Sorry,I was trying to ask still1

Sent from my Nexus 4 on the Solavei network.
    Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!

Still 1 said before his stock.
    Battery I am finding is great, \obviously disabling/reenabling features i use.
    uninstalled the snapdragon app as it served really no need to me.
    The big killer is games for me, but then again when i am playing Need for Speed MW, i plug it in as the gfx kills my battery - probably gives the quad cores a real work out!
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Why are there so many similar threads about bad battery life?

Take a look at my guide for fixing battery draining issues (it's written in Norwegian, but it's translated to English through Google Translate - bad translation but understandable):

Use the app BetterBatteryStats.
    Norwegian IT consultant, tech geek and tech blogger.
    Thanked by:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234