Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Goutham Selvaraj View Post
    worked for me.... I'm updating it now..... but I have question.... i juz stopped the google service.... do I need to re activate it or how to enable it again...?
    you just killed it. when you reboot the phone it will start again. it also starts back automatically when its needed
  2. #27  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Worked for me. Thanks.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Worked for me. Thanks.
    Make sure Google Play store is working (update / download apps)
  4. #29  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    no error message with google play but i noticed i can't update apps or show what apps need updating.
    for example i had disabled google earth and before the update there was an earth update showing.
    now no update showing and cant seem to force updates when i reenable apps like current.

    how do you log out of the account/log back in and sync?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    Make sure Google Play store is working (update / download apps)
  5. #30  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    I tried doing the thing with Google Framework Services and it messed things up for me and still no update.

    I kept getting an error when trying to download or update an app from Google Play. I have to remove my Google account (under accounts) to fix it.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Yeah - there are a few things wrong with this method. It resets everything google it seems. Particularly, you will have to go through setting up google wallet again, which can be a pain in the *** - not sure if that was related simply to the update though - others will have to confirm. There may be other annoying google stuff reset too.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    no error message with google play but i noticed i can't update apps or show what apps need updating.
    for example i had disabled google earth and before the update there was an earth update showing.
    now no update showing and cant seem to force updates when i reenable apps like current.

    how do you log out of the account/log back in and sync?
    Try installing any app from the play store from your phone - that should sync it back up. It might take a couple minutes too. Worked for me.
    williams448 likes this.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Location services are jacked up now. Tried to delete the maps data and now I can't update the maps. Play store won't download apps and what do please help. Still no update

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: How To Get The OTA NOW (super easy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Qbancelli View Post
    I just did this and it worked the first time.
    Didn't install the up because I WANT MY LTE!

    And I'm not messing with the radio.
    Whatcha going to do when 5.0 comes out and still no LTE for the Nexus 4?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Go Ogle View Post
    Location services are jacked up now. Tried to delete the maps data and now I can't update the maps. Play store won't download apps and what do please help. Still no update

    Remove your google account from the phone and then add it again. Make sure you sync afterwards.
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  11. #36  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    How do I remove my Google account

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  12. #37  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Go to settings then under accounts you'll see "Google" that's where your account is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Ogle View Post
    How do I remove my Google account

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  13. #38  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Yea I see that. How do I remove it

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  14. #39  
    chubb's Avatar

    Posts
    874 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Settings > Accounts > tap Google > it should then show your account, then tap your email address. Tap the menu button and select remove account.
    Thanked by:
  15. #40  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    I went ahead and reset/erased the phone. it was quicker than messing with it. lesson learned.

    Interesting note... unlike the previous update where you can reset and you still had to update to 4.2.1... 4.2.2 seems permanently updated in the firmware because after a reset it stays 4.2.2
  16. #41  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    After doing this everything seems to work fine, the only thing I'm not sure about is Facebook notifications, I didn't have any apps that needed updating so I can't test that out, but I was able to download apps from the play store right away without any problems.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Settings > Accounts > tap Google > it should then show your account, then tap your email address. Tap the menu button and select remove account.
    thanks. Fixed my problems.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  18. #43  
    chubb's Avatar

    Posts
    874 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Go Ogle View Post
    thanks. Fixed my problems.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    No problem.
  19. #44  

    Default Re: How To Get The OTA NOW (super easy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    Whatcha going to do when 5.0 comes out and still no LTE for the Nexus 4?
    Update CM10, or CM11 or whatever it is called then.
  20. #45  

    Default Re: How To Get The OTA NOW (super easy)

    I am seriously regretting this SIMPLE workaround. I cleared the cache. And now my device has dissappered from google play. I used google play on my computer to remotely install apps.

    I tried installing apps (from phone). The installed apps are shown under apps (on google play opened in computer). I tried removing my google account and adding it again. Still no luck.

    Above all, I didn't got 4.2.2!
    PS: It has been more than 8 hr since my device dissappered
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Quote Originally Posted by mrplayer66 View Post
    After doing this everything seems to work fine, the only thing I'm not sure about is Facebook notifications, I didn't have any apps that needed updating so I can't test that out, but I was able to download apps from the play store right away without any problems.
    At least you didn't have the Play Store issue! :-)
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: How To Get The OTA NOW (super easy)

    Quote Originally Posted by rahul singh4 View Post
    I am seriously regretting this SIMPLE workaround. I cleared the cache. And now my device has dissappered from google play. I used google play on my computer to remotely install apps.

    I tried installing apps (from phone). The installed apps are shown under apps (on google play opened in computer). I tried removing my google account and adding it again. Still no luck.

    Above all, I didn't got 4.2.2!
    PS: It has been more than 8 hr since my device dissappered
    I guess I shouldn't have used "super easy" in my title of this thread. It worked flawlessly for me except for the Google Play Store issue and it worked well for many othet people... BUT unfortunately it's caused issues for you and others. I have some regrets for posting this. I only wanted to pass on to fellow forum members something I THOUGHT was a good thing. Will I use this method again for 5.0? Yes... but I won't be posting it.
  23. #48  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    Wut

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW-uploadfromtaptalk1360992971344.jpg  
  24. #49  

    Default Re: How To Get The 4.2.2 OTA NOW (super easy)

    How do I fix
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  25. #50  

    Default Re: How To Get The OTA NOW (super easy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    I guess I shouldn't have used "super easy" in my title of this thread. It worked flawlessly for me except for the Google Play Store issue and it worked well for many othet people... BUT unfortunately it's caused issues for you and others. I have some regrets for posting this. I only wanted to pass on to fellow forum members something I THOUGHT was a good thing. Will I use this method again for 5.0? Yes... but I won't be posting it.
    There is nothing against you. It was us who fell for this trap. We should have used manual installation using SDK. Anyway, Is there any chance of getting my device listed again on google play??
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to get the 4.2 OTA update NOW!! Your welcome! ;)
    By propeller10 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 05:23 PM
  2. How to get OTA update ICS
    By Keithm24 in forum Bionic Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 09:04 PM
  3. On ICS now, how to get back on OTA path
    By lieutenantglorp in forum Droid Bionic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 09:29 PM
  4. Tired of waiting for the update? Here is how to get it now.
    By techgeek32 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 12:37 PM
  5. How to get rid of the OTA notification???
    By dchamero in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 12:42 PM

Posting Permissions

B