LED Pulse notification light not working

isaac991

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone Im new here but as you can see in the title im having a hard time figuring out what is wrong with my Nexus 4 notification light. Ever since i got it (yesterday) I havent seen turn on at all, let alone work for notifications. The only time ive seen it on was using third party apps from the play store like this one called led tester and Ive looked everywhere online for an answer but all ive found so far are threads that are kind of vague in terms of answers so I dont really know what to do. I even called google but all they did was send me an email explaining notifications on Android but nothing really about the notifiaction light itself, so does anyone have an answer or a fix to this? And if it helps ive already tried a factory reset and my phone is not connected to a carrier (yet), so yeah.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Did you go to Settings- Display- and check Pulse notification light?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Almost no apps use the notification light directly. You need a third party app like Liteflow to enable the light in most cases.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

isaac991

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Almost no apps use the notification light directly. You need a third party app like Liteflow to enable the light in most cases.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
and is that true? If it is then it doesnt really seem cool to put in the led if its not gonna correspond with the stock apps

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
and is that true? If it is then it doesnt really seem cool to put in the led if its not gonna correspond with the stock apps

Stock Android does almost nothing interesting by itself, by design you need to add 3rd party apps to really take advantage of all the bells and whistles.

Suman Sirivella

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I am a target to that as well. i have checked the pulse notification light in the settings and also tried to turn on the device in safe mode as suggested on a blog. Nothing seems to work. Is this due to an application or is this due to a device gliche? Do let me know

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site

that's not true in my experience.
i don't have Liteflow installed and plenty of my apps using the notification light - Whatsapp, Kik, Facebook messenger to name just three.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463