4.2.2 lockscreen Volume

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Has everyone else lost the ability to adjust the volume from the lockscreen after the update?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Just tested and I can change the volume just fine. Put some music on, lock the phone, turn the volume all the way down, then all the way up. It won't show a slider, but you can still change the volume.

Sent from my Nexus 4/Nexus 7

mdandashly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm personally glad they got rid of it. It would get hit by accident sometimes while in pocket. If you're playing music it might still work, but after 4.2.2 cant change normal volume while locked

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
It's not about music though. Before, I could change the phone/ringtone volume gettin the lock screen, and the volume bar would be present. I can't change it now without unlocking.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

stevedo

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes I noticed that's gone.

It was quite useful to change from vibrate to silent without unlocking come bedtime. Ah well, it's not a biggie.

Sent from my superb Nexus 4

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
a solution is to use power toggler and use the widget on the lock screen. not effective like before but you get volume toggle for phone and notification.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
a solution is to use power toggler and use the widget on the lock screen. not effective like before but you get volume toggle for phone and notification.

Or if you need a good battery widget, Battery Widget? Reborn! Has toggles in the notification tray that toggle Wifi and BT.

Sent from my Nexus 4/Nexus 7

Ratawit

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I often change my N4 from vibrate to mute status by this method. Why google have to cut this off?

I can't see why they have to cut this function because it has to press power button before mute or select vibrate mode. How can I bring it back?

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i hope AOKP can add that function back in their ROM or maybe another way to add that for stock ROMs. I used that feature frequently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power