So, I'm guessing the n4 is basically a n7 phone?

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to get my n4. I own an n7 ( which is marvelous)

So tell me, apart from size and calling, what Can I expect to be different?

Hehe

Lee

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I have both and the N4 is much smoother and build quality is leaps and bounds ahead of the N7. The display on the N4 is also amazing.

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know anything about the nexus 7 specifically but after two days I absolutely love my phone.

It's a beautiful and clean in design.
It boots very fast.
The screen resolution is great.
Its free of bloatware, carrier logos, and an OS tainted by carriers.
It's up to date on it's software and will stay that way.
It's nearly the most powerful phone on the market.
It's got great wifi range than the galaxy s3

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I've heard complaints about battery life but haven't noticed anything myself. My upgrade was from a droid x so I was used to running it at 25% brightness. Also, my tablet goes with me wherever I go so I don't max out the phone with 50 apps running 24/7.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
One has a 4 inch screen, other one 7 inch screen. One has amazing battery life, one is average. One is made by Asus, other one by LG. Finally, one will have sex with you, other one won't. Try both and you'll find out which is which.

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
One has a 4 inch screen, other one 7 inch screen. One has amazing battery life, one is average. One is made by Asus, other one by LG. Finally, one will have sex with you, other one won't. Try both and you'll find out which is which.

Not sure about you but my nexus 7 lasts for days. Never had any battery issues with it at all.

I am still debating on getting a Nexus 4, my GSIII was dropped yesterday and unfortunately running the spiderman app now.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm about to get my n4. I own an n7 ( which is marvelous)

So tell me, apart from size and calling, what Can I expect to be different?

Hehe

Lee

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
n4 is much faster with a quad core processor, screen is closer to the surface so it pops more, higher resolution, looks better but is more fragile, doesn't have multi-user capabilities, zero lag (except in Netflix which lags on everything)

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I heard the Nexus 7 is one of those tablet things, but the Nexus 4 is a phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Phone = the sidearm of mobile devices
7" tablet = to be installed into the dashboard in your car.
10" tablet = the assault weapon of mobile devices. Where it doesn't replace your laptop and desktop computer it should be used remotely to access them.

I skipped the 7'' and just slide the 10 inch on the dash. It tends to lead to police following for a while.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
When it comes to Nexus devices, as a general rule, the following can be used with pretty good accuracy with each successive generation:

"When I first got my Nexus [INSERT AGING MODEL], I was amazed at how smooth, fast, and lag-free it was. I remained similarly amazed until I got the Nexus [INSERT NEW MODEL HERE]. Now, it's not that the [INSERT AGING MODEL] is suddenly laggy or slow, but I am amazed at how smooth, fast, and lag-free the [INSERT NEW MODEL] is."

In short, the N7 was amazing, and still is amazing. It's just that the N4 is even more amazing.

Also, the N4 includes the excellent News & Weather app that they left off of the N7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000