Does the system update change the kernel?
A couple of days ago I flashed the matr1x kernel and just wondering if this ota will change it back to stock? I am aware I may lose root so I downloaded root keeper and saved.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
- 02-14-2013, 11:16 PM #2
Re: Does the system update change the kernel?
The OTA will likely fail because the alternate kernel changes the checksum and the update will quit. I was running faux123's kernel and flashed the stock kernel, but the manual OTA failed. I had to download the stock image and manually flash the boot.img and system.img and that broke root on its own. I then rooted, ran Rootkeeper, flashed up to 4.2.2 and the restored root. It was a hassle trying to sort out and ate up a few hours I would've rather used for other things.
- By lksmoker in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 36Last Post: 02-25-2016, 04:43 PM
- By yazyazoo in forum Sprint LG MarqueeReplies: 0Last Post: 04-07-2012, 12:24 AM
- By Halcyon in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 4Last Post: 11-30-2011, 01:18 PM
- By SoulWeaponry in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 1Last Post: 11-17-2011, 06:16 PM
- By imekul in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 06-10-2010, 10:46 AM