Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Changes that you notice in 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    What was the "up button" talked about?
    I believe it's that now when you tap the name of section of Settings in the top left corner it acts like "Back".

As an example:
    -Go to Settings--> Sound
    -Observe the name of the section in the top left says "Sound"
    -Tap it

Result:
    User is brought back to the Settings menu same as they would have if using the Back button.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    I believe it's that now when you tap the name of section of Settings in the top left corner it acts like "Back".

As an example:
    -Go to Settings--> Sound
    -Tap it

Result:
    User is brought back to the Settings menu same as they would have if using the Back button.
    OK I did that last night but wasn't sure if that was exactly what he was talking about. Everything else seems pretty minimal.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

USB Debugging Security pop-up.

I guess I didn't plug my Nexus 4 into my computer much but one thing I noticed right after I applied the update (thanks, AndroidPolice!) is a pop-up when I plug the phone into my computer prompting me with the computer's RSA Key, asking if I wish to trust this computer and a radio button to have it never ask again for this computer.

Is this new to 4.2.2 or was I not paying attention? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, an odd feature/bug(?). Every other power button press the lock screen text (time, date, owner) is flush right. Without fail, I can press it repeatedly and every other press the text looks this way. I'll try to mess with some settings...

EDIT 2, followup: It seems that the flush right text has to do with the Lockscreen Policy app being set to not allow widgets. As soon as I deactivated the app or re-enabled Lockscreen Widgets the problem didn't occur.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

As an example:
    -Go to Settings--> Sound
    -Tap it

Result:
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    OK I did that last night but wasn't sure if that was exactly what he was talking about. Everything else seems pretty minimal.
    well, before you have to press < to go back to settings from sound for example but now pressing anywhere on "< Sound" will get you back to settings.
    same for all application and android OS which uses that method

Quote Originally Posted by Noncon View Post
    Volume can no longer be adjusted while the screen is locked. This is good for me since I carry mine in a holster, and use to grab it along the sides to remove it, but doing that I was turning on the screen and turning the volume way up. Glad that is fixed.
    One thing quite nice i've noticed is that even though the volume buttons no longer work from the lock screen so you dont accidentally turn the notification volume down, they still work in music and podcast apps from the lock screen to adjust the volume of the audio.
    Posted from my Nexus 4

Long-press Power Off for option to Reboot in Safe Mode... this new?
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    Long-press Power Off for option to Reboot in Safe Mode... this new?
    Nope that was there previously. I think as of the initial JB release.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Still waiting on the ota update...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kaenon View Post
    Still waiting on the ota update...

Clear your "Google services framework" data and go to settings and check for update. Voil! Now you got Android 4.2.2 update! This should work on your N4 since this method worked for my N10! Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Changes that you notice in 4.2.2-uploadfromtaptalk1361140661243.jpg  

I got it on Friday and after having 4.2.2. for about three days now...I haven't noticed anything much at all.
    badbrad17 likes this.

I've got a bubble in my screen after 4.2.2.

I put the screen protector on. Why or why did I let the sticky side touch my knuckles?

Battery consumption seems to be much better.

The small black line is where it installed and rebooted.

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    EDIT: Also, an odd feature/bug(?). Every other power button press the lock screen text (time, date, owner) is flush right. Without fail, I can press it repeatedly and every other press the text looks this way. I'll try to mess with some settings...

EDIT 2, followup: It seems that the flush right text has to do with the Lockscreen Policy app being set to not allow widgets. As soon as I deactivated the app or re-enabled Lockscreen Widgets the problem didn't occur.
    The same occurs with Google Apps Device Policy with the Lock screen widgets are disabled restriction, which is pushed by default when you sync a Google Apps account.
    I'm not sure if they'll be able to fix that by simply updating the apps or if it will require another OTA.

I'd like to know the procedure for flashing the 4.2.1 radio back, any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    I'd like to know the procedure for flashing the 4.2.1 radio back, any hints?
    install Android SDK and update/install adb/fastboot from sdk app.

download Nexus4 4.2.1 factory image. get the radio img file from the extract. flash it like normal.
    Thanked by:

Thanks very much, I appreciate it. I guess I wasn't sure if you could break out the radio from the overall img.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    Thanks very much, I appreciate it. I guess I wasn't sure if you could break out the radio from the overall img.
    just unzip the factory image and you will find the radio file in it.

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Seems to be better on my battery plus I am getting higher benchmark scores

It seems that they didn't fix the Pulse Notification Light issue, i still have to use a third party app to make it work!!!!!!!

Anyone else having issues with their lock screen clock? After I unlock widget locker my pin screen clock sometimes has the bolded typeface and other times is all normal typeface and right aligned. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it does what.

Anyone else see this? I'll grab a screen next time it does it.

Edit for screenshot -

I still haven't had the update yet so I can't really post any thoughts or findings but Basscasse you have a sweet wallpaper. Where'd you get that one?

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

You'll be missing out on many relatively small tweaks.
    If you need LTE & don't want to flash the older radio, don't upgrade to 4.2.2.
    Why not just flash to a 4.2.2 rom and never flash the 4.2.2 radios/bootloader...

One thing that was fixed... at least for me, was the vibrate notification for the (corporate) email app (the yellow email app that comes with the stock ROM).

Before the update, I'd get a vibrate notification when in system vibrate/silent mode.... even though I have the app's notification settings set to (always) silent and NEVER vibrate.

Now it's fixed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

this new patch has added basically a crap ton of instability for my phone. so far I have had to reboot my phone 4 times due to it completely freezing from opening apps, most commonly Google search and youtube. Also I had encountered a time when the drop down notification thingy had completely stopped functioning,even on the home screen not just in aapplication. If anyone knows what's going on plz help (its driving me crazy)

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Gabothe5th View Post
    this new patch has added basically a crap ton of instability for my phone. so far I have had to reboot my phone 4 times due to it completely freezing from opening apps, most commonly Google search and youtube. Also I had encountered a time when the drop down notification thingy had completely stopped functioning,even on the home screen not just in aapplication. If anyone knows what's going on plz help (its driving me crazy)
    sounds like you may need to do a factory reset.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast