Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Java ?

I am not sure what forum to post this in, however since it is a question that relates to my N4 here it goes for now.

I want to buy an N7 or N10. I use a website for business published by the Dept. of Finance for the City of NY that uses Java to display documents.
    My N4 does not run Java and I am assuming but I am not certain that the N7 and N10 also do not.

If I can't find a way to have them display the information on the website the tablets are useless to me.

How can I get them to run Java or is there an alternative to the tablets like a netbook that runs Java I can run off of the N4 acting as a hotspot?

Default Re: Java ?

You could possibly wait for the Ubuntu variants to arrive and you could basically run linux on a tablet or even your phone. I am assuming they will have java support.

The only platforms that run Java in the manner you speak of are Windows, OS X, and Desktop Linux. If you must have a tablet that runs Java your only option will be a Windows tablet. Windows 7 or 8, not Windows RT.

you wont find java on mobile devices
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    you wont find java on mobile devices
    Not exactly the answer I was hoping to receive