Nexus 4/Android Censoring Language for Music?

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I just noticed something odd and I don't know if this is an Android thing or what. I have Google Play music on my phone and typically upload playlists to it so I can stream and listen to songs I like.

There are a few songs I have that contain explicit profanity. When I upload those songs to Play Music and listen to it on my phone, the profanity is filtered out with another word. This is pretty odd as if it's almost like Google analyzes the song and then puts in the "clean" edit of it instead. How do I stop that...?

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Well from what I have heard what you have to do is go into Google Music from a computer. Right click the song time and select "fix incorrect match" from the list, Then the actual song will be uploaded to Google for you.

It is a problem that all the music match services have had. Apples iTunes match has the same problem. Sometimes it is because your copy of the song is missing data, the kind that tells Google what album it is from, the kid friendly or the explicit one. Most of the time it is because there are only a couple curse words and they don't catch it with the scan.

The real pain in the a** is that you have to do this for every song. For some reason Google decided to automatically match the censored version over the explicit, probably for good PR, so someones 5 year old doesn't grab someones phone and start listing to 2 Live Crew in all its glory.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It was one of those Oops moments for Google - they didn't consciously substitute versions of songs, it was just an oversight when they set up the matching algorithm. I'm sure that'll get fixed sooner or later.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol